Sr. Human Resource Generalist
Sr. Human Resources Generalist
The Senior Human Resources Generalist has a crucial role of performing professional level duties related to Human Resources (HR), including but not limited to, responsibilities in the following areas: HR workflow, employee relations, training, recruiting, compliance, workers compensation, and performance management. The Senior HR Generalist plays an instrumental role, under the direct supervision of the HR Supervisor, in shaping and achieving the Company’s strategy and objectives through the delivery of planned HR services and programs by working in coordination as a liaison between the HR team and the leadership team and employees to ensure operational effectiveness and exceptional customer service. To be successful the Senior HR Generalist will also exhibit Client/Company’s core values of leadership, entrepreneurship, accountability, ownership, and communication.
- Builds collaborative relationships throughout client organization and within HR department by establishing trust and credibility through daily interactions
- Responsible for onboarding and new hire orientation training; works in coordination with the HR Supervisor and HR Director to improve and enhance the employee experience
- Manages all leave of absences in accordance with CFRA, FMLA, PDL, STD, LTD and personal leaves; coordinates with payroll/benefits to ensure compliance; processes and tracks all leaves of absence required
- Collaborates with senior leadership to support the recruitment initiatives of the Company and act as the main recruiter coordinating all recruiting efforts through job boards and recruiting agencies as needed
- Assists in the review of job applications/resumes, evaluation of applicant skills, and works in coordination with the HR Supervisor to make recommendations regarding applicant qualification
- Assists the HR Supervisor with employee relocations, tracking and auditing of payments in coordination with payroll and accounting
- Assists HR Director and HR Supervisor in delivering presentations/training on a variety of HR initiatives, as needed
- Manages the HRIS system and HR intranet pages including updating the HR calendar, news and announcements, and generation of ad hoc reports, as needed.
- Point of contact to assist employees with questions regarding HR issues, the HRIS system, policies and procedures; referring as needed to the HR Director, HR Supervisor, and Payroll and Benefits Supervisor
- Works with managers to ensure compliance of the Company’s policies and procedures
- Prepares responses to unemployment compensation claims
- Tracks temporary contractors and independent consultants for Sarbanes Oxy (SOX) compliance
- Updates and maintains organizational charts
- Perform various administrative duties and assist with day-to-day operations in the HR DEpt.
- Complies with all the Company’s Safety and Environmental policies, practices and Takes corrective action within training limitations. Escalates as necessary.
- Participates in and adheres to all training programs designed to enhance EH&S knowledge and safety standards
- Collaborates with both the operational and EH&S team to effectively meet area and departmental EH&S goals
- Assist with special projects as requested
- Performs other duties as assigned
Education, Certificates, Licenses
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Human Resources, or related field
- PHR or SHRM-CP.
- SPHR or SHRM-SCP preferred
- Valid Driver License with acceptable driving record required
- 7+ years of prior relevant work experience in a HR Generalist role
- Working experience in UltiPro HRIS & Payroll applications preferred
- Oil and Gas industry experience a plus
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability and willingness to enthusiastically “roll up sleeves” and perform all administrative work required of the dept.
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills, efficiently manage multiple, competing priorities
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of employees
- Self-directed and self-motivated.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbally and in writing
- Strong Microsoft Office software skills including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Working knowledge of HRIS system applications
- Outstanding consulting and relationship-building skills.
- Strong conflict management and negotiation skills
- Advanced working knowledge of multiple human resource disciplines including talent management, employee relations, training, recruiting, and workers compensation
- Strong understanding of employment law application, this includes self-directed maintenance on knowledge of current laws, events and industry trends
- Demonstrated ability to develop, deliver and facilitate successful training presentations to individuals and groups at all levels of the organization
- Strong interviewing and recruitment skills
For immediate and confidential consideration please send resume to Jflesher@prosearchservices.comApply for the job