Sr. Engineering Technician – oil/gas (degree not required)
Sr. Engineering Technician – Bakersfield, CA
Position Roles and Responsibilities:
This engineering technician position has the following roles and responsibilities:
- Support engineering team and perform analysis of well/land reservoir data to evaluate well/reservoir performance for the fields
- Acquire, store, and maintain data integrity in computer databases, extract data, and prepare reports.
- Provide related support to other departments such as Geology and Operations.
- Support technical team with wellbore schematics.
- Support technical team with permitting, reporting, and notification associated with pertinent regulatory entities.
- Assist in AFE Budget preparation.
- Perform engineering support in field data collection such as well logging, well stimulation and general field data collection.
- Read well activity reports and record key well information in drilling activity.
- Assemble and distribute prepared charts, maps, and reports to technical team based on requested material.
- Maintain file records systems and geological library.
- Compile information on daily well activity per technical teams’ requests.
Key Deliverables of Subject Position’s Group:
- The Thermal Development team has the primary responsibility of developing and maintaining the performance of thermal reservoirs. This includes taking pilot steam flood patterns from appraisal to full development. Key activities include analyzing production, injection, and reservoir data to gain an in-depth understanding of reservoir performance. Activities also include planning development projects, production forecasting, economic evaluations and providing project implementation support.
- The goal of the team is to optimize reservoir performance.
- Team objectives include pattern reviews, drilling opportunities, steam targets, well work recommendations and maintaining depletion plans and reserve books.
Critical Skills and Knowledge:
- Effective oral and written communication abilities.
- Advanced knowledge with using Microsoft Excel, Access, Word, PowerPoint, and ARIES as well as SQL database management and coding.
- Familiarity with economic evaluation.
- Manage deadlines.
- Team player able to effectively work inter-dependently.
- Assume broad job responsibilities.
- High school diploma and 10 years of applicable work history.
For immediate consideration, please send resumes to Jackie Flesher
Apply for the job