The SCADA analyst will report to Senior SCADA Engineer and work with all functional groups to support field automation across all of Company’s operated assets to provide reliable, accurate, and timely data for field operations, engineering and accounting systems. The SCADA Analyst will also advise, help design, configure, maintain and backup company SCADA, POC and alarming systems.
- Maintains and updates the SCADA system and applications across all of
Company’s operated assets.
- Advises, audits, configures and maintains operations of the SCADA alarming systems.
- Maintains and updates the databases associated with the SCADA systems.
- Builds, maintains and updates the associated displays/Views required for operations.
- Works with IT to backup, recover and provide verification of all controls, SCADA workstations, servers and network appliances.
- Participates in on-call rotation for operational issues.
- Works with IT to apply SCADA cyber security best practices.
- Responsible for applying periodic patches to the computers and devices related to SCADA system software patches from the SCADA vendors.
- Works with the Operations Center stakeholders in a continuous improvement effort related to the strategic direction of how to leverage SCADA systems.
- Identifies opportunities for continuous improvements for enhancing the SCADA system. (period)
- Takes an active role in the development, acquisition of all SCADA applications.
- Coordinates break / fix support for the applications, data integration and reporting and Interface among the applications.
- Performs respective application upgrades and patch testing and acceptance. Keeps abreast of changes in Operations engineering information technologies and processes.
- Supports client understanding and use of information technologies to improve operational efficiencies within teams.
- Follows technical standards, guidelines and best practices in application usage, management, testing, data integration, and compliance.
- Ensures all internal control and audit requirements are met.
- Develops and manages effective working relationships with other departments, groups, and personnel with whom work must be coordinated or interfaced.
- Performs within the guidelines of policies and directives at or above company performance.
- Complies with all the Company’s Safety and Environmental policies, practices and programs. Takes corrective action within training limitations. Escalates as necessary.
- Participates in and adheres to all training programs designed to enhance EH&S knowledge and safety standards.
- Collaborates with both the operational and EH&S team to effectively meet area and departmental EH&S goals.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education, Certificates, Licenses
- Bachelor’s degree or Technical Certification in Computer Science, Information Management, Engineering, Earth Science, or equivalent experience
- Minimum 5 to 10 years of prior experience working in a technical support role for an Oil & Gas company advising on and supporting field automation systems and work flows.
- Experience with Ignition, XSPOC, Win911, OSI PI, OPC topologies
- Experience with Lowis, Rockwell application library, Cygnet, iFIX preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of Oil & Gas Operations – architecture methodologies, data requirements, application functionalities and processes.
- Good understanding of relational databases and ability to quickly learn new applications.
- Excellent communication (both written and verbal) and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to multi-task by supporting various applications daily.
- Strong knowledge of MS Excel.
- General knowledge of Common Networking, Field Telecommunications and desktop productivity tools, processes and standards.
- Working knowledge of SQL Server.
- Experience/exposure to entire project life cycle and involvements in coordinating project activities is preferred.
Apply for the job