Regional Sales Manager – perishable foods
This position is responsible for direct selling to food processing companies and other industrial manufacturing businesses, utilizing strong commodity market understanding, risk management tools, product application and customer knowledge based upon customer needs assessment.
- Drive sales through the development of strategies and initiatives. Be the constant brand
- Develop, negotiate, execute, and manage long-term supply agreements, joint development
- Identify target markets and analyze current market trends; Research customers’ needs and wants; Acquire competitive market information and communicate this with purchasing and
- Identify, organize and attend relevant industry
- Further develop relationships with existing customers and identify and develop opportunities with new customers
- Ability to influence customer to make purchase commitment based upon company distinctive value
- Sustains rapport with key accounts by making periodic visits; exploring specific needs; anticipating new opportunities; develop effective marketing communication programs
QUALIFICATIONS / EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE / SKILLS
- Education: Possession of a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Business or related field. Supplementary training and/or designations related to the sales and marketing field, or equivalent education and experience, is
- 10-15 years’ experience sales/marketing roles.
- Sales: Perishable food and/or food manufacturing experiences or manufacturing industry and food ingredient
- Excellent written and oral communication
- International experience. Central & South America are desirable as well as Europe.
- Account-based marketing skills and experience understanding and supporting large/complex multi-year deals.
- Demonstrate ability to effectively establish and maintain working relationships with peers at all levels of the organization.
- Skills and experience in analysis, organization, innovative problem solving, reasoned decision-making, leadership, team building and strong price negotiation
We are looking for:
- An energetic and outgoing team player with high levels of integrity, confidence and resilience
- A creative thinker and an individual keen on developing his or her existing skills as well as learning new ones
- A highly motivated self-starter and completer/finisher who is able to work under pressure but who will not compromise on quality
- An individual with strong business acumen, who feels comfortable in making decisions, and in handling contractual and commercial negotiations with prospects
- An individual sharing the Company’s values of hard work, integrity, honesty, expertise and great service
- A lifelong learner, who will embrace the opportunity to acquire new skills and ideas
Position would preferably work out of our Central San Joaquin Valley, California office.
Ability to travel up to 25% of the time, domestic and international
Salary $90,000 – 120,000 plus excellent benefits and perks. Relocation available.Apply for the job