Quality Assurance Director – food/farming
JOB TITLE: DIRECTOR OF QUALITY ASSURANCE – FARMING
REPORTS TO: VP OF QUALITY ASSURANCE
This person will be responsible for the general oversight and management of quality assurance and food safety across the organic and conventional farming operations.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Provide direction and leadership to Quality Assurance/ Food Safety Department personnel; Monitor and respond to quality indicators; Provide recommendations to farming, facilities, and sales based on field product quality; Responsible for government, regulatory and customer audit administration; Monitor and administer GAP program; troubleshoot and investigate food quality/food safety issues, and interact with all customer relevant representatives; Develop, train and assess the performance of QA Department staff; Provide recommendations to management in relation to QA compliance; Maintain food safety system documentation; additional projects and duties as it relates to this position.
- BS/BA degree in Microbiology, Food Science, Biochemistry, Biological Sciences or related field is required, advanced degree preferred.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in a Quality Assurance related position.
- Must be experienced and knowledgeable in the areas of food safety, product safety, product quality standards, document control, and regulatory issues pertaining to organic and conventional farming.
- Candidate must have extensive knowledge of FSMA and Good Agricultural Programs and requirements. Previous staff management experience is required.
- Must be knowledgeable in food quality, food safety and sanitation systems and programs. Understanding of fresh vegetable product specifications a plus.
- Must be able to work on multiple tasks simultaneously requiring communication and interaction with all levels of the organization.
- Must have the ability to speak, read, and write in English.
- Must have a valid driver’s license with a clean DMV driving record.
- Must pass pre-placement drug/alcohol screen.
Continuous use of both hands; including grasping, pulling and pushing. Sight, hearing, lifting, standing, climbing stairways, walking and balancing both feet on even and uneven surfaces, bending, twisting, crawling, stooping, kneeling, reaching forward, reaching overhead, reaching below shoulder, wrist turning, neck turning. Must be able to work in different temperatures (working temperatures as hot as 100° to 110° F and as cold as -20° F to 32° F). Must be able to work in a high noise area.
Apply for the job