Accounting Manager (Processing) – agriculture/farming
The Accounting Manager is experienced in the accounting functions of a large operation. The accounting manager will be responsible for monitoring general accounting practices, budgeting, developing internal accounting controls, tracking high volume and building a strong financial team. This position insures that costs and revenues as recorded in the general ledger and other reporting mechanisms are accurate and consistent with company policies. This employee plays an integral part of the budgeting process for the processing departments. The processing accounting manager plays an important role for company year-end by leading the allocation and inventory valuation process. Reports and analyzes cost and profitability of product lines and operations as required by company management.
Accounting and Managerial Controls
- Provides financial, business and strategic leadership to the processing accounting and processing operations
- Prepares annual operating budgets and periodic revisions in conjunction with management team, including profit and loss, balance sheet, cash flow, capital budget, cash balance and borrowing needs projections, prepares monthly quarterly and annual budget vs. actual reports; prepares budget variance analysis and makes budgetary
- Collaborates with the finance team for preparation of annual tax returns and financial statements and prepares supporting work
- Continually assess and improve cost accounting in pursuit of accurate profitability reporting by SKU & customer
- Guides cost analysis process by establishing and enforcing policies and procedures; providing trends and forecasts; explaining processes and techniques; recommending
- Planning, studying, and collecting data to determine costs of inventory and
- Analyzing production costs and preparing periodic variance analysis reports comparing to budget and benchmarks, including time studies and process flow
- Providing management with reports identifying factors affecting profitability of
- Working closely with inventory staff, assisting with physical inventories and monitoring cycle counts.
- Developing KPI’s with the department managers along with the monitoring and maintaining of performance levels with an emphasis on continuous
- Coordinates with cost accounting to ensure accuracy, appropriate controls, and relevance of financial
- Reconciling and performing analytical review of physical and perpetual inventory records and calculations to ensure accurate
- Assisting with month end close of Inventory to the general
- Evaluating the ERP system and proposing improvements to reporting and data tracking, with an emphasis on
- Analyzing the costs, value and risks of information technology to advise management and propose recommendations for improved organizational
- The development, tracking and reporting of product line P&L’s, including labor costs and efficiency
- Performs financial analysis, special projects and other tasks as assigned
- Leadership: Ability to influence others to perform their jobs effectively and to be responsible for making decisions in order to a strong change agent for the
- Communication: Excellent verbal and written skills, as well as ability to make
- Interpersonal: Ability to effectively build relationships with co-workers and outside colleagues. Must be understanding, yet persuasive and decisive when dealing with others in the organization. Ability to work for and with multiple managers, including
- Motivation: Ability to lead and encourage team by inspiring and guiding toward goal achievement.
- Team Involvement: Works effectively with teams and work groups. Actively participates in problem solving and interacts with team and work groups to achieve team and organizational goals.
- Adaptability: Ability to adapt to change in the workplace. Capable of functioning in a fast-paced entrepreneurial corporate
- Goal Orientation: Attention to establishing and achieving goals and objectives for self and team on a continuous
- People Development: Ability to develop and coach team, and to identify team member opportunities and
- Analytical Skills: Ability to apply logical thinking to both simple and complex issues, to analyze information, and to make decisions or recommendations for
- Quality and Detail Orientation: Attention to accuracy, detail, and performance of high quality work in all aspects of job
- Project Management: Excellent time management and process
- Continuous Improvement: Maintains technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing publications. Active participant in continuous improvement initiatives and goals. Seeks opportunities to improve self and
- Ethical: Maintain high ethical standards in every aspect of job
- Safety and Good Manufacturing Practices: Demonstrates safe work practices. Ability to identify and correct conditions that affect employee safety. Follows good manufacturing requirements (including GMP’s and HACCP) and understands the importance of maintaining high quality standards.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration with emphasis in Finance or Accounting or equivalent.
- Minimum 3 years of cost accounting experience in a manufacturing or food processing environment.
- Five years progressive operational and financial management
- Must have a strong cost accounting background including excellent analytical skills and a solid understanding of
- Must have a working knowledge of ERP
- Solid understanding of data analysis, budgeting and business
- Must be proficient in MS
- Experience in budgeting and financial analysis
Skills and Qualification
Must have demonstrated leadership experience. Excellent verbal and written communication skills, organization, attention to detail, and multi-tasking abilities are required. Proficient excel knowledge, and some analytical experience needed. Must be highly personable, approachable, and customer service driven.
For immediate and confidential consideration, please email to firstname.lastname@example.orgApply for the job