Oracle Applications Architect – Dallas. TX or Bakersfield CA
The Oracle Applications Architect will report to the Senior Manager, Enterprise Systems (ES), and work with other ES team members, Accounting, IT and business users to provide functional and technical support for Oracle applications and BI solutions.
- Maintains current web based and client server applications.
- Initiates, designs, and implements system application procedures according to departmental guidelines/requirements and controls for subsystems within each departmental section.
- Takes an active role in the development, maintenance, and/or support of applications.
- Coordinates break/fix support for the applications and data integration/interfaces with other applications.
- Works with business users, IT and other ES team members to document and implement business functional requirements coordinating activities across the various groups to fulfill application support needs.
- Performs and coordinates respective application upgrades and patches including UAT with business users, IT and other ES team members.
- Keeps abreast of changes in Operations engineering information technologies and processes.
- Accepts, prioritizes and resolves, within defined SLA metrics, application and data related help desk requests to meet or exceed IT support expectations.
- Works closely with business users, IT and other ES team members to provide technology-based solutions to business-driven needs, including reports, additional software functionality, etc.
- Supports client understanding and use of Information technologies to improve operational efficiencies within teams.
- Actively develops and supports IT strategy and standards company-wide.
- Actively participates in improvements to both department and IT processes, practices and standards.
- Follows technical standards, guidelines and best practices in application usage, management, testing, data integration, and compliance.
- Ensures all internal control and audit requirements are met.
- Develops and manages effective working relationships with other departments, groups, and personnel with whom work must be coordinated.
- Performs within the guidelines of policies and directives at or above company performance.
- May maintain information database(s) specific to area of work.
- May assist senior personnel in preparing documents, graphs and status reports using standard methodologies and processes.
- Willingness to learn and potentially support other business applications as required.
- Communicates clearly, efficiently and directly in a professional manner.
- Complies with all the Company’s Safety and Environmental policies, practices and programs. Takes corrective action within training limitations. Escalates as necessary.
- Participates in and adheres to all training programs designed to enhance EH&S knowledge and safety standards.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education, Certificates, Licenses
- Bachelor’s degree or Technical Certification in Computer Science, Information Management, Engineering, Earth Science, or other related discipline.
- Strong functional (60%) and technical (40%) knowledge of EBS required, EU preferred.
- Experience with Oracle APEX, Essbase Studio, SmartView, EAS required.
- Ability to write and execute queries to aide in troubleshooting and special requests required.
- SQL, SQLPlus or TOAD experience required.
- Experience with Power BI, DAX preferred.
- Experience with Data Warehousing, other BI tools, APIs preferred.
- Experience with one of more programing languages (C, Java, python, .net, R) preferred.
- Experience with Oil & Gas applications (WellView, AFENAV, etc.) preferred.
- Oil & Gas experience preferred.
- Accounting experience preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent communications and problem-solving skills.
- Good understanding of relational databases and ability to quickly learn new applications.
- Working knowledge of Oracle SQL.
- Strong knowledge of MS Excel.
- Ability to multi-task by supporting various applications daily.
- Experience/exposure to entire project life cycle and involvements in coordinating project activities is preferred.
- General knowledge of Common Networking, Field Telecommunications and desktop productivity tools, processes and standards.
- Willingness to travel as required.
- Knowledge of Oil & Gas Operations – architecture methodologies, data requirements, application functionalities and processes.