Sr. Reservoir Engineer 3 – oil/gas
Reservoir Engineer 3, Sr.
The Sr. Reservoir Engineer 3 conducts moderate to complex engineering studies using advanced engineering concepts. The incumbent occasionally serves as task leader or team leader on assignments that require a broad knowledge of engineering under general supervision and guidance from management.
- Experience with waterflooded and/or thermal recovery oil fields very favorable. The position will initially focus on oil fields located in San Joaquin Valley, California.
- Reservoir surveillance of existing company properties to monitor production performance and make recommendations for optimization of production rates and reserves.
- Carry out field and reservoir studies as part of an integrated team and perform reservoir engineering functions including decline curve analysis, heat management, material balance, volumetrics, analytical models, waterflood studies, pressure transient analysis, nodal analysis, etc.
- Evaluate and initiate exploitation opportunities including new drill wells and workovers.
- Prepare production forecasts, operating plans, expenditure forecasts, etc. and evaluate economic models for asset valuations and budget preparation.
- Prepare project economics as required for exploitation and exploration operations.
- Support exploration teams in evaluation of projects including construction of economic models, probabilistic estimation of reserve potential, play analysis, production forecasting, evaluation of possible development scenarios, commercial thresholds, capital commitments, operating expenses and overall operational plans. Perform risked economic assessment including decision tree analysis.
- Organize and maintain well and field data information to establish reserve revisions as appropriate for quarterly reporting and to provide engineering consulting firms with appropriate data in a concise format for year-end reserve determinations.
- Evaluate and perform detailed assessments of potential acquisition and divestiture candidates.
- Make presentations to senior management and partners as required.
- Complies with all the Company’s Safety and Environmental policies, practices and programs.
- Participates in and adheres to all training programs designed to enhance EH&S knowledge and safety standards.
- Collaborates with both the operational and EH&S team to effectively meet area and departmental EH&S goals.
- Performs other duties as assigned
Education, Certificates, Licenses
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related field required.
- Complexity and scope involves knowledge and skills generally acquired through up to 10 years of progressive work experience in oil and gas exploration and production.
- Regional experience in several oil and gas producing basins, including exposure to multiple state regulatory schemes.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Advanced working knowledge of broad-based engineering practices, theories, and principles.
- Demonstrated ability to think analytically and solve complex problems.
- Demonstrated ability to interpret codes, regulations, and practices.
- Efficiently manage multiple, competing priorities.
- Exceptional time management and prioritization skills.
- Demonstrated use of standard techniques, modifications, and extension of engineering theories, precepts, and field practices.
- Basic understanding of oil and gas law, including types of oil and gas interests and conveyances, and execution and recording of title instruments.
- Basic understanding of operating agreements.
- Work independently and collaboratively within a team environment to produce results.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbally and in writing.
- Strong computer skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and oil & gas economic software.
- Ability to efficiently resolve conflicts through decisive resolutions.
- Positive attitude and support for company culture and goals.
Salary is $150,000-185,000 plus short term and long term bonuses and excellent benefits, as well as relocation assistance.
Please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for immediate consideration.Apply for the job