Cold Storage Supervisor – agriculture $65-85,000
This position is responsible for the cold storage and cooler operations and oversees employees daily to ensure fruit is placed strategically, moved safely and in a timely manner when needed, and that proper safety procedures are maintained by all staff.
• Supervise the activities of workers engaged in receiving, storing, testing, and shipping products or materials.
• Monitors pre-staging or staging for current and future orders
• Maximize product arrangement space in the dry and cold rooms.
• Coordinate with maintenance and facility managers to ensure that the facility is kept cleaned & well maintained.
• Ensure that forklift crew members complete proper daily requirements and that all regulations are followed
• Using company software to keep an updated inventory at all times
• Inspect physical conditions of warehouses, vehicle fleets, or equipment and order testing, maintenance, repairs, or replacements.
• Arrange for necessary shipping documentation and contact customs officials for the release of shipments.
• Plan or implement environmental training programs and activities.
• Collaborate with workers and managers to solve work-related problems.
• Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, fruit allocation, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
• Knowledge in cold storage requirements regarding grapes and stone fruit
• Talking to others to convey information effectively.
• Knowledge in compliance requirements for Homeland Security, CALARP/RMP, OSHA, Department of Health, all food safety Audits, Air Pollution Control Board, Reginal Water Board (Waste Water), DOT
• Must provide a DMV report and have a valid CA Driver’s License.
• High School diploma or equivalent
• 3-5 years’ experience in a similar job requiring manager duties
• Experience in the industry preferred
• Regularly required to sit, stand, bend, walk, squat and climb, use hands to grasp and lift.
• Must regularly lift and/or carry up to 10 lbs and on occasion lift or carry up to 50 lbs for a distance of 10 to 12 feet.
• Work is done in an office environment as well as at the cold storage facility
Send resumes to email@example.com – location is South Bakersfield, CA. $65,000 – 85,000 +Apply for the job