Sr. Development Geologist, III
The Senior Development Geologist 3 will be an integral member of an asset team working closely with other team members to plan and implement development programs that add value. The successful candidate will have a strong and well-rounded working knowledge of conventional development geology and geological techniques and will work effectively as part of a multidisciplinary asset team. The candidate will work in the asset team under general supervision and guidance from management and may at times serve as a task or project leader. The successful candidate will also exhibit Company’s core values of leadership, entrepreneurship, accountability, ownership and communication.
- Evaluates and integrates geological, petrophysical, geophysical, engineering and production data to develop and maintain a detailed geological understanding and characterization of a reservoir to be used for depletion planning, development drilling, and reserves/resource
- Recommends and assists asset team in collecting and acquiring key geologic, petrophysical, geophysical and engineering data for
- Interprets a broad spectrum of technical data and constructs subsurface maps (structural, stratigraphic, thickness, gross/net pay, reservoir property, original oil in-place, pressure, ) and builds/maintains 2D and 3D reservoir models for operational and planning purposes, and reserve/resource determinations.
- Plans, optimizes and recommends, with the asset team, development drilling locations, recompletion/workover candidates, wireline programs and completion
- Supports all aspects of the drilling process from permitting, wellbore design, directional planning through operations to wireline logging, completion and post-execution reports and
- Utilizes deterministic and probabilistic methods to analyze reservoir uncertainties, risks and resource ranges.
- Creates pre- and post-project reports to summarize and document project objectives, activities, results and critical lessons
- Applies innovative thinking and regional understanding of petroleum systems in identifying growth opportunities on existing assets and nearby
- Works independently and mentors early career and less experienced
- Complies with all the Company’s Safety and Environmental policies, practices and programs. Takes corrective action within training limitations. Escalates as
- Participates in and adheres to all training programs designed to enhance EH&S knowledge and safety standards.
- Collaborates with both the operational and EH&S team to effectively meet area and departmental EH&S
- Performs other duties as
Education, Certificates, Licenses
- Bachelor’s Degree in geosciences
- Master’s Degree in geosciences preferred.
- Minimum 7 years of relevant work experience in oil and gas development and
- Demonstrated experience in the development of mature fields including the application of thermal enhanced oil recovery techniques to heavy oil
- Working knowledge and experience in California, particularly the San Joaquin basin,
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- A demonstrated self-starter with ability to analyze and process information quickly and manage multiple tasks
- Strong leadership, planning, organizing and project management
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including technical
- Eagerly takes ownership of responsibilities and projects and works collaboratively to accomplish goals.
- Accepts accountability for actions and decisions and actively learns from past
- Entrepreneurial with a strong understanding and competency in the economic evaluation of oil and gas
- Ability to work collaboratively within a multi-disciplinary asset team and across functional groups (drilling, land, business development, ).
- Well-developed professional networking
- Strong computer skills and ability to manipulate geoscience
- Positive attitude and support for company values and
- Primarily office work environment. May include on site field location time as
- Routine work involves common office activities during a typical 9-hour day such as standing, sitting, walking, typing, and twisting as necessary.
- May be required to occasionally lift up to 25
- Must follow all company safety policies, including when visiting field