Safety Specialist – Agriculture, Kings Co., CA $25-36 hr +
The Safety Specialist will be responsible for assisting our Leadership Team with the continuous improvement, development, and management of Company safety programs. This position will partner with all Department Managers and Safety Leaders to assist them with injury reduction by improving site specific safety programs, conducting training, implementation of safety policies and procedures, conducting safety assessments, investigating incidents, and facilitating regulatory inspections. This position will leverage their engineering experience to assist Leadership Team with the management of Process Safety Management and Process Hazard Analysis, Management of Change, Pre Startup Safety Reviews, Pressure Vessel Permitting, LOTO Equipment Specific Procedure development, Fall Arrest and Confined Space Entry and Rescue system design, and project reviews to ensure Cal/OSHA compliance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works closely with our Safety Leadership Team to facilitate compliance with our Safety Participation Program
- Supports all departments in compliance of our internal Cal/OSHA Partnership plan; conducts pre inspection assessments, conducts incident investigations, assists with Cal/OSHA compliance, and works with site leadership team to address improvement opportunities
- Conducts safety training, safety assessments, and incident investigations at all locations
- Manages our Pressure Vessel Permitting Program including permit tracking, coordinating inspections, new vessel installations, and corrective action item tracking
- Manages our Process Safety Management programs
- Manages our Contractor Safety and Pre-Screening Program including program reviews and conducts compliance audits
- Manages our Management of Change process
- Assists with the review, updating, and implementation of Corporate Safety Programs
- Participates in project design reviews to ensure incorporation of workplace safety, ergonomics, and Cal/OSHA compliance.
- Coordinates medical surveillance programs with the Safety Manager and Company Registered Nurse
- Leverages engineering background to assist Managers with development and review of LOTO Equipment Specific Procedures, equipment operation procedures, emergency evacuation maps, Fall Arrest and Confined Space Rescue System design & inspections, compliance of NFPA 70E, and provides engineering solutions for workplace safety and ergonomic improvement opportunities
- Facilitates on-site regulatory inspections as needed
Bachelor’s degree (B. S.) from four-year University in Engineering, Safety, or Industrial Hygiene preferred. OHST, CHST, or ASP preferred.
- Must be bilingual in English and Spanish
- Must have 2 – 3 years experienced in Cal/OSHA GISO, AgSO, and/or CSO. Experience with DPR a plus
- Experience with PSM, PHA, WPS, and NFPA 70E, Fall Arrest and Rescue, Confined Space Entry and Rescue preferred.
- Must have a good driving record that meets Company Driver Safety Policy requirements
- Personal Responsibility/Credibility.
- Computer Literate; knowledge of MS Office, Excel, Word, PowerPoint