Purchasing Clerk Job Summary
Processes routine order, repair and service requests, maintains files, communications and requisitions that relate to these orders. Assist Purchasing Manager with Safety Committee responsibilities maintain other departments files, record keeping inputting various excel and word documents.
- Process orders for routine medical supplies, forms, office supplies, business cards, etc.
- Input order information into MAS90/Sage100 purchase order software.
- Enter account code to each supply item that is entered into the MAS90/Sage100 software.
- Audit invoice pricing.
- Phone in routine service repair calls for: (copiers, fax machines, air conditioning/heating, pest control, elevator, medical equipment, water coolers, etc. and maintain repair log records).
- Issue supplies from warehouse stock that can weigh up to 50 pounds to individual departments (forms, labels, envelopes, coffee supplies, medical supplies, toner supplies, etc.).
- Page couriers to pick up records, supplies, mail, etc.
- Keep department supply requisitions updated with necessary changes.
- Keep pricing comparison spreadsheet updated.
- Keep departments supplied with “original” supply order forms.
- Filing (PO numeric file, department files, packing slip file, invoice file, credit file, etc.)
- Make copies of invoices, packing slips and route originals to Finance.
- Answer incoming phone calls.
- Assist supervisor with Safety Committee assignments.
- Prepare spreadsheets on various assignments as per directed by supervisor.
- Prepare written memos and communications as directed by supervisor.
- Process orders on the internet utilizing different vendor websites.
- Process orders over the phone and fax.
- Follow up on department supply backorders as necessary and obtain from alternate vendor if necessary.
- Assist supervisor with resolving supply shipment discrepancies along with vendor price discrepancies.
- Work with Pharmaceutical waste discard process as per instructed by supervisor.
- Help maintain department files and records in an orderly fashion.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Obtain product information and price quotes as needed on various supply items & minor equipment.
- Meet weekly/monthly time deadlines that relate to Purchase Order and Invoice work flow to Finance.
- Monitor refrigerator and freezer thermometer alarms for all departments via online temperature data loggers.
Minimum high school diploma or equivalent. 2 years’ work experience in an office environment, preferably Purchasing. Strong excel and 10 key calculator skills Typing/word processing 50 plus words per minute. Able to work effectively in an environment that is continually interrupted by incoming phone calls. Good written and verbal communication skills. Can work independently. Good time management and productivity skills. MAS90/Sage100 or QuickBooks software experience preferred.Apply for the job