Purchasing Assistant – agriculture
Purchasing Assistant – agriculure
Essential duties and responsibilities include, but not limited to:
• Continuously monitor historical sales, current sales projections and stocking levels of all products at all locations and determine the lead times (ordering/transportation/customer delivery) and quantities of product necessary for availability to meet seasonal customer needs.
• Manage weekly supply/demand forecast for each location.
• Work with yard managers to continuously monitor slow moving, damaged and dormant products and seek strategies to move dormant products and dispose of damaged products.
• Work with PCA’s to identify new market opportunities
• Approve all “non-chemical” products necessary to meet seasonal customer needs at each location through an approval process.
• Maintain current pricing for all “non-chemical” products
• Track orders and ensure timely delivery
• Update internal databases with order details (dates, vendors, quantities, discounts)
• Conduct market research to identify pricing trends
• Prepare vendor comparison and historical cost analysis
• Maintain updated records of vendor contracts
• Follow up with suppliers, as needed, to confirm or change orders
• Liaise with warehouse staff to ensure all products arrive in good condition
• Other duties as assigned by manager/supervisor
Qualifications and Competencies:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill or ability to perform this job successfully:
• Minimum three (3) years experience
• Previous experience as a Purchasing Assistant, Purchasing Officer or similar role
• Previous experience with Ag Fertilizers, Micros, Adjuvants, Specialty products preferred
• Previous experience with Agvance preferred
• Good understanding of supply chain procedures
• Hands-on experience with purchasing software/ERP
• Knowledge of market research
• Solid organizational skills
• Advanced knowledge of MS Excel
• Ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines, multi-task
• Excellent communication skills: both written and verbal
• Excellent communication, interpersonal, problem-solving
• Individual who is creative and offers new ideas.
• Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
• Flexibility to work in a changing environment.
• Interact professionally with both external and internal business partners
This is a direct hire – hourly position – $23-25 hr. It reports to the Purchasing Manager – location is Bakersfield, CA.
send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.orgApply for the job