Production Engineer – oil/gas – full time
The Production Engineer is an integral member of an asset team who provides engineering support for base production management. The ideal candidate is responsible for providing engineering support and guidance to the asset team from the reservoir to the separator, maximizing production, and providing solutions to production issues. The candidate will work closely with the team, participating in base production management including cyclic steam candidate selection, workover candidate selection, annual budgeting, and other projects as requested from management. The successful candidate will also exhibit Company’s core values of leadership, entrepreneurship, accountability, ownership and communication.
- Support reservoir surveillance of existing company properties, including steam floods and cyclic steam, by monitoring production performance and making recommendations for optimization of production rates.
- Collaborate with reservoir engineers and geologists to propose and/or direct the completion and workover strategy for all wells in the asset.
- Provide accurate cost estimates for all completion and workover programs ensuring wells are completed and placed on production efficiently.
- Implement well work as necessary, including recompletions, stimulations, wellbore cleanouts etc. using sound engineering practices and problem-solving skills. Manage these operations for technical soundness and cost control.
- Provide engineering support to the field during all operations occurring in asset and provides on-location field support and supervision during critical jobs or operations.
- Evaluate well tests to determine opportunities to optimize wells and identify stimulation and remediation opportunities.
- Work with reservoir engineers and geologists during post well reviews and pattern reviews.
- Deep understanding of current engineering methods and pros/cons for completions/stimulation design.
- Recommends changes to processes based on analyses and applying standard or well-defined engineering techniques, procedures, and criteria.
- Mentors less experienced engineers.
- Complies with all Environmental, Health and Safety (EH&S) policies, practices and programs of the Company, and actively collaborates with the operational and EH&S teams to promote and provide a safe work environment.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education, Certificates, Licenses
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering required.
- Level of complexity and scope generally involves knowledge and skills acquired through up to 5 years of prior relevant work experience in oil and gas exploration and production; minimum 3 years’ experience in production engineering.
- Experience with waterflooded and/or thermal recovery oil fields very favorable.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Advanced working knowledge of broad-based engineering practices, theories, and principles.
- Understanding of how completions/stimulation interact with drilling, geoscience and reservoir considerations.
- Demonstrated ability to think analytically and solve complex problems.
- Demonstrated ability to interpret codes, regulations, and practices.
- Efficiently manage multiple, competing priorities.
- Exceptional time management and prioritization skills.
- Demonstrated use of standard techniques, modifications, and extension of engineering theories, precepts, and field practices.
- Basic understanding of oil and gas law, including types of oil and gas interests and conveyances, and execution and recordation of title instruments.
- Basic understanding of operating agreements.
- Work independently and collaboratively within a team environment to produce results.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbally and in writing.
- Strong computer skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and oil & gas economic software. Working knowledge of OFM and XSPOC a plus.
- Ability to efficiently resolve conflicts through decisive resolutions.
- Positive attitude and support for company culture and goals.
PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR RESUME TO JFLESHER@PROSEARCHSERVICES.COM FOR IMMEDIATE AND CONFIDENTIAL CONSIDERATIONApply for the job