Payroll Manager – agriculture
As a payroll manager, you will be responsible for the direct supervision and successful completion of payroll for both salaried and hourly employees.
The payroll manager manages the full cycle payroll process including preparation of payroll, taxes and performs accounting related-task.
The payroll manager has 2-5 direct reports.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned as directed by management.
- Analyzes, prepares and inputs payroll data. Typically uses automated system to produce accurate and timely payroll for all employees as necessary.
- Manage all day-to-day payroll processing, payroll accounting, payroll analysis and payroll reporting in accordance with all federal and state tax laws and company policies and procedures
- Ensure accurate and timely payment and reporting of compensation payable to employees
- Review and approve all payroll, tax and bank funding wires, and manual check requests
- Ensures compliance with all California state and federal wage and hour laws
- Prepares quarterly and annual tax and W-2 filings, including review and approval of all payroll tax payments and filings
- Ensure timely and accurate postings of all payrolls to general ledger and validate all payroll postings into Oracle general ledgers to ensure proper payroll postings.
- Provide timely and accurate monthly payroll account reconciliations and journal entries to Corporate accounting team
- Assist the Accounting department with Fiscal Year-End internal audit and audit request
- Prepares weekly, monthly, quarterly and year-end reports (gross payroll, hours worked, vacation accrual, sick accrual, tax deductions, benefit deductions, etc.) for management
- Remain current on new legislation and regulatory ruling impacting payroll to achieve alignment with HR benefits and other related systems to ensure effective accounting support.
- Facilitates management and employee understanding of payroll procedures
- Assists with ACA, Savings Plan, Corporate Tax and Workers Comp audits
- Provides ad-hoc reporting for payroll related requests
- Provide timely response and follow up to questions and information requests
- Ability to work as a team member in support of company, departmental and team goals and projects.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) preferred
- Minimum 5 years payroll/accounting or related work experience.
- Knowledge of accounting and general wage /salary regulations
- Advanced experience with Payroll/HRIS platforms (ADP, Ceridian, PeopleSoft, UltiPro, Workday, etc.)
- Payroll processing in a seasonal workforce environment required
- Intermediate knowledge of Excel software
- Good verbal/written communication skills
- Good Organizational skills
- Technical Capacity
- Personal Effectiveness/Credibility
- Customer Service Oriented
- Able to work independently and with a team
- Ability to be discreet with confidential information
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university (accounting, finance, business); or seven to ten years related experience and/or training; specific high-demand technical expertise or equivalent combination of education and experience. College degree preferred but not required.Apply for the job