Network Administrator III- oil/gas
Network Administrator Technician III
The Network Technician 3 is responsible for design, implementation, support, maintenance, and monitoring of our field LAN/WAN network. Need someone with boots to the ground and knows how to do the work, project manage to know when to contact contractors to do work and then oversee they are doing it.
• Maintains and updates the field network system across all of Company’s operated assets.
• Advises, audits, configures and maintains company network equipment.
• Works to backup, recover and provide verification of all network configurations.
• Works to apply cyber security best practices.
• Responsible for applying periodic firmware updates to the computers and devices related to network systems.
• Takes an active role in the development, acquisition of all field network equipment.
• Coordinates break / fix support for network devices and associated systems.
• Performs respective application upgrades and patch testing. Keeps abreast of changes in networking technologies and processes.
• Supports client understanding and use of information technologies to improve operational efficiencies within teams.
• Follows technical standards, guidelines and best practices implementing and designing company networks and systems.
• Ensures all internal control and audit requirements are met.
• Develops and manages effective working relationships with other departments, groups, and personnel with whom work must be coordinated or interfaced.
• Performs within the guidelines of policies and directives at or above company performance.
• Maintains assigned company equipment including vehicles, tools, computer, etc.
• Complies with safety and environmental programs.
• Maintains accurate and appropriate documentation on all work performed.
• Complies with all policies and procedures. Takes corrective action within training limitations. Escalates as necessary.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Education, Certificates, Licenses
• Associate’s degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school equivalent experience and/or training.
• Bachelor’s degree or Technical Certification in Computer Science, Information Management or equivalent experience preferred.
• Minimum 5 years of prior experience working in a technical support role advising on and supporting company network systems.
• Advanced knowledge in TCP/IP, Cisco switch and router configuration.
• Experience installing, configuring and maintaining Ubiquity wireless networks
• Experience maintaining Ruckus wireless networks.
• Knowledge of Palo Alto firewall technology preferred.
• Experience with Windows 2012 Server, AD, DNS, DHCP, Radius administration preferred.
• Oil & Gas experience preferred.
Full-time plus benefits
$35-47/per hour (subject overtime, and there will be OT)