Lease Analyst Advisor/oil, gas – Dallas Tx
Lease Analyst Advisor
Independently performs highly complex lease analysis activities. Establishes and maintains lease records data in the corporate Land system and provides administrative support for the department as required. Provides guidance and direction to less experienced members of the team.
• Minimum of 10 years’ experience as an oil and gas industry lease analyst.
• Works independently with little to no supervision and properly prioritizes work duties.
• High proficiency in establishing and maintaining lease and contract records in the Land system.
• High proficiency in proper identification of leasehold obligations and in payment of rentals, minimum royalties, ROWs and all other obligations. Detail-oriented and consistent in meeting deadlines.
• Strong knowledge of Land contracts and their impact on obligations, reporting requirements and asset development and retention.
• Generates acreage and obligation/rental reports upon request.
• Coordinates with Accounts Payable to ensure payments are timely and accurately processed.
• Proficient in MS Office Suite skills. Possesses strong internet and document research skills.
• Has working knowledge of producing property ownership processes.
• Acts as a leading departmental contributor and displays accountability for results of analysis.
• Displays superior oral and written communication skills. Possesses strong mathematical skills.
• Positively represents of the company at external meetings or at industry organization meetings.
• Provides interpretations and recommendations to influence management decisions, policies, and procedures.
• Actively and consistently seeks ways to improve efficiency of work processes and policies.
• Acts as an effective resource and transfers knowledge to colleagues. Demonstrates technical leadership and mentors less experienced personnel and contractors.
• Focuses on constructive solutions, while maintaining positive working relationships with all company personnel, interest owners and industry colleagues.
• Acts as a technical contributor within the department. Is relied upon by management, co-workers and industry colleagues.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Education, Certificates, Licenses
• High School Diploma or equivalent.
• 10+ years oil and gas experience and/or advanced education.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• A positive attitude and genuine support for the company’s culture and goals.
• Ability to coordinate with other departments to resolve complex Land problems.
• Internet searches and information gathering.
• Expertise in the Land component of the company’s management system software.
• Expertise in Land department functions in an Oil and Gas E&P company.
• Expertise in mathematical calculations used in petroleum land work.
• Extensive experience with P2 Land or similar land asset management software.
• Superior ability to provide guidance and mentoring to less experienced team members.
• Microsoft Office Suite applications experience.
• California, Rockies and/or Texas experience.
• BIA, ONRR and other Federal and State leasehold experience.
Position is located in Dallas, Texas. Salary is $100-127K plus bonus and benefits
please send resumes directly to firstname.lastname@example.orgApply for the job