IT Network /Systems Engineer
The Systems’ Engineer is responsible for overseeing and maintaining all computer systems and data communications at to help ensure a 99.9% uptime. The Systems’ Engineer will participate with the daily installation, monitoring, maintenance, support, security, and optimization of all network hardware, software, data communication, desktops and telephony systems. The Systems’ Engineer will assist the Managers with the planning, testing, and integration of technology solutions (hardware and software). The Systems’ Engineer will oversee the analysis and resolution of network/computer hardware and software problems by supervising and assisting System Administrators.
- Produce and update documentation for areas of responsibility.
- Administer VOIP including changes both hardware and software.
- Administer, use, and maintain virtual server/desktop infrastructure including hosts, software, and virtualized systems.
- Install, support, maintain, and monitor LAN, WLAN, WAN, and related hardware and software.
- Coordinate and/or perform cabling for network related tasks.
- Install and maintain SAN hardware and connection software, including disks, software versions, and storage configuration.
- Install, troubleshoot, and maintain including backups and updates on routers, firewalls, and switches.
- Conduct technical research on system upgrades and components to determine feasibility, cost, time required, and compatibility with current system.
- Recommend solutions for short-, medium-, and long-term projects.
- Install, upgrade, and configure network printing, directory structures, user access, security, software, and file services.
- Work as a team member with other technical staff, such as systems to ensure connectivity and compatibility between systems.
- Work with vendors to resolve complex problems.
- Maintain confidentiality in regard to the information being processed, stored or accessed by the network.
- Administer and maintain Windows desktop operating systems, server operating systems, servers, wireless devices, and ensure maximum resilience and reliability.
- Manage backup and recovery administration and documentation.
- Maintain server and client anti-virus and encryption solutions.
- Access software updates, drivers, knowledge bases, and frequently asked questions resources on the internet to aid in problem resolution.
- Citrix farm configuration and management including sessions, printing, and policies.
- Implement and administer Windows Active Directory environment, user profile management, account management, DHCP, and DNS.
- Deep understanding of the IP theory to implement, configure, maintain, and troubleshoot complex networks.
- Demonstrate deep understanding of the OSI model and the functionality of the 7 layers.
- Troubleshoot and resolve complex network and servers’ hardware and software issues.
- Demonstrate deep understanding of network segmenting and VLANs implementation.
- Demonstrate deep knowledge of email systems including exchange and Office 365.
- Develop customer service and relationship with end users.
- Creation of projects within help desk software, task creation, and project follow-up through closure.
- Ensure Help Desk Work Orders document the help desk request problem-solving process, including process and all actions take through to final resolution.
- Performs other job-related duties as required.
- Know and follow Employee Handbook policies and procedures.
- Provide Excellent Customer Service to internal and external customers.
- Communicate verbally and in writing through proper channels.
- Maintain patient confidentiality.
- Participate in staff meetings.
- Use time clock appropriately.
- Follow dress code.
- Notify supervisor via UltiPro and Outlook when requesting PTO.
- Be courteous and respond to requests from other departments in a timely and pleasant manner.
- Be flexible and adaptable.
- Promote departmental and organizational goals.
- Know and follow applicable safety standards.
- Work as a team.
- Take the initiative in offering your help to co-workers in overload situations (when possible).
- Report all issues or errors encountered to supervisor immediately
- Ensure smooth and efficient telephone communication.
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in MIS or any IT related field, or equivalent.
- At least 5 years of network administration experience in a multi-platform large user environment.
- Technical certification such as MCSE and Network + are desired along with system specific certifications such as CCNA and JNCENT.
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks and projects and assist/advise your engineers in establishing appropriate priorities.
- Ability to manage key customer relationships, including with senior managers.
- Ability to influence a cross functional team to accomplish goals.
- Excellent analytical skills and ability to learn quickly.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Bakersfield location – $30-40 hr.Apply for the job