IT Network Administrator
Reports to President
Nature of Work
The Network Administrator installs, supports, and maintains multi-user computer systems, in charge of the telephone communications, and video surveillance systems. Responsible for adding and configuring new workstations, setting up user accounts, and allocating mass storage space. In charge of troubleshooting, planning for and responding to service outages and other problems. Other duties may include systems-related projects, supervising or training computer operators, acting as the consultant for computer and other technology problems or projects, and providing support / backup for other staff members as needed.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Installation and ongoing management of ROM application.
- Installation and ongoing management of Sage MAS 200.
- Installation and ongoing management of Explorer Contract Manager and Connected (legacy inventory / accounting systems).
- Installation and ongoing management of file storage for individuals and departments.
- Installation and ongoing management of secure file transfer (FTP) site with outside vendors (Idromec and Tabarelli).
- Provide protection of company’s data from potential internal and external threats.
- Provide maximum reliability of systems through updates and other maintenance.
- Data protection through procedures such as regular backups.
- Coordinate installations and maintenance with other vendors / consultants as needed.
- Install and manage antivirus software on servers and workstations.
- Assist users with support tasks.
- Manage end-user hardware and software to maximize staff productivity (minimize downtime, provide users with the tools to do their jobs, etc.).
- Configure and manage Internet and inter-office connectivity between corporate headquarters and remote offices.
- Manage Firewalls – configure to minimize potential risk from outside threats, block inappropriate content, etc.
- Installation, configuration and management of phone systems at all locations.
- General management of Telephone Company provided services, such as: ordering lines and calling features, Internet services, and email account management.
- Assist with other technology-related projects on as as-needed basis.
- As required, act as contact person for office & yard security – ensure offices & property are secured, on-call (after hours) contact for Secure Alarm.
- Perform projects and other duties as requested by management.
Knowledge and Skills
Network Administrator must have knowledge of the principles and practices of computer networks, servers, and hardware/software, phone systems. Must show demonstrated knowledge of Windows server and desktop products and be able to support networked printers and photocopiers. Must have the ability to manage multiple projects, activities and tasks simultaneously and be organized.
Must have a High school diploma or equivalent and at least 2 years of college courses. The position requires you must have at least 3 to 5 years experience as an Administrator in a medium-sized environment. Must have valid Driver’s License and be insurable on the company’s insurance plan.
Apply for the job