IT Enterprise SR Project Manager- Bakersfield
The IT Enterprise Project Manager (EPM) is responsible for establishing and leading enterprise-wide, cross-functional strategic initiatives. The EPM leads a variety of different types of projects including large-scale application development, systems integration, business process optimization projects, operational efficiency improvements, business process reengineering, critical system root cause analysis, and infrastructure upgrades and deployments.
- Single accountable party for defining, planning, orchestrating, and delivering a given strategic initiative.
- Ensures end results are of the highest quality with a clearly articulated scope and quantifiable business benefit.
- Directs large-scale, complex projects often involving multiple internal and external constituents and matrix partners (Projects may include but not be limited to Oracle e-Business Suite (EBS), P2 Enterprise Upstream (EU), system integration, data warehousing, reporting/analytics and other enterprise systems.
- Rigorously manages scope to ensure commitments are achieved within agreed upon time, cost, and quality parameters.
- Validates financial forecasts and provides on-going reconciliation of resources and other related project expenditures.
- Develops project communication plans and interfaces with stakeholders to execute on responsibilities.
- Serves as a subject matter expert in routinely briefing key stakeholders on different aspects of assigned initiatives.
- Willing to participate in and complete project and support tasks that may not normally associated with project management:
- Data analysis, design, cleansing and integration as well as some technical tasks
- Testing and training
- Work with and manage vendor project managers, engagement activities and expectations
- Learn and provide some support for EBS, EU as well as other enterprise applications
- Complies with all the Company’s Safety and Environmental policies, practices and programs. Takes corrective action within training limitations. Escalates as necessary.
- Participates in and adheres to all training programs designed to enhance EH&S knowledge and safety standards.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education, Certificates, Licenses
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Accounting, Business Management, Finance, or related field
- Valid Driver’s License
- PMI Certification
- 10+ years of experience managing enterprise technology projects.
- 10+ years of experience defining scope and aligning with company strategy and assessing/scoring solutions based on this criterion.
- 10+ years of experience in technical documentation.
- 5+ years of experience with cross functional business projects delivering on key company strategic initiatives.
- 5+ years of researching, vetting, and evaluating technology vendors and solutions.
- 5+ years of experience managing multi-million-dollar projects.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrated planning and organizational skills, including the ability to anticipate tasks, set priorities, meet deadlines, and function smoothly under strict deadlines and shifting priorities.
- Ability to lead others effectively.
- Successfully manage complex and cross-functioning projects.
- Advanced computer skills. Experience with Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project) is necessary.
- Functional knowledge of accounting, finance and reporting systems
- Enterprise systems experience, especially ERP systems.
- Strong knowledge of multiple project management methodologies
- Clear, concise verbal communication and writing skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure and multi-task, as needed.
- Willing to travel up to 50%.
- Experience with EBS, EU, integration, APEX, Essbase or other analytic tools
- Basic to intermediate knowledge of master data management, data mapping and integration as well as technical tools (SQL, TOAD, etc.)
- Oil and Gas industry experience
Apply for the job