Internal Audit Manager – oil/gas – Dallas, TX
Reports directly to the Chairman of the Audit Committee with dotted line, administrative reporting relationship to the Chief Financial Officer. Under general supervision, the Internal Audit Manager will work to maximize the effectiveness of the Company’s internal controls and compliance management. The position is responsible for assisting in implementing and documenting internal controls, including financial and disclosure controls, and managing an internal monitoring function to audit the company’s compliance with such internal controls. The position will have a key role in assessing the company’s compliance with the requirements of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002. The position also works to ensure an efficient balance between internal and external resources, resulting in roles, responsibilities, and work performed that are efficiently coordinated.
- Identify, understand, and assist in documentation of internal control processes and procedures. Continually monitor and update the assessment of the control environment, keeping abreast of significant control issues, trends and developments.
- Execute a comprehensive risk-based audit plan for evaluating the effectiveness of controls in place to manage significant risk exposures, ensure the integrity and reliability of information and financial reporting, safeguard company assets, and comply with laws and regulations.
- Monitor and audit the company’s compliance with established internal controls, including managing the Company’s third-party provider of outsourced internal audit services as applicable.
- Identify and assess the implementation of new controls as necessary.
- Identify, design, implement and monitor anti-fraud criteria and controls.
- Understand the requirements of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002 (and any related SEC pronouncements) and assist in maintaining processes and functions to help ensure compliance with such requirements.
- Assist process/system owners to update/develop Sarbanes-Oxley Act (SOX) documentation to support management’s SOX assessment.
- Coordinate and manage the performance of the Company’s internal control testing required by Sarbanes-Oxley, including managing the Company’s third-party provider of outsourced internal audit and SOX services as applicable, and coordinate with the external auditors regarding their annual SOX testing.
- Oversee scoping efforts for management’s SOX assessment and create a report on the final assessment of internal controls over financial reporting for the fiscal year-end for management’s review.
- Report findings to senior management and the company’s audit committee.
- Coordinate activities with external auditors to support their audit and review procedures.
- Complies with all the Company’s Safety and Environmental policies, practices and programs. Takes corrective action within training limitations. Escalates as necessary.
- Participates in and adheres to all training programs designed to enhance EH&S knowledge and safety standards.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education, Certificates, Licenses
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance.
- CPA or CIA designation or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 8 years of accounting or auditing experience primarily in a senior role.
- Minimum of 5 years supervisory experience.
- Oil and gas (E&P) experience preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with attention to detail.
- Ability to develop creative approaches and solutions necessary to solve complex problems.
- Must work well and independently in a team-oriented environment
- Must be able to handle highly confidential information in a strictly professional manner
- Strong interpersonal skills—ability to work closely with people at all levels of the organization and facilitate the implementation of corrective action.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills with experience interacting with and presenting to senior management-level personnel.
- Be a role model for the company’s values and demonstrate the highest ethical standards.
- Willing to travel 20-50%.
- High aptitude for learning new systems
For immediate and confidential consideration, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.orgApply for the job