Industrial Engineer – medical devices and products distributor (Visalia, CA.)
Our client is a medical device and product distributor. We are recruiting with them to find an Industrial Engineer at their Visalia, CA location.
The Industrial Engineer is responsible for Identifying and implementing distribution industrial engineering programs that will enhance distribution and supply chain flow, accuracy, cost, productivity and safety.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Perform process and capacity analyses by documenting product, resource and information flow in current operations using tools including value stream mapping, process flow diagrams, time and motion studies.
• Identify, lead and implement improvements utilizing lean tools and methodology. Maintain standard operating procedures to reflect changes.
• Analyze current operations, submit recommendations for improvement and coordinate the implementation of continual improvement initiatives with the buy-in from Warehouse Managers.
• Develop and maintain an Engineered Labor Standards Program for processes.
• Develop and maintain key operational metrics and reporting.
• Participate in the development and implementation of Best Practices across all distribution centers.
• Lead projects, including new facility start-ups and implementation of WMS (Warehouse Management System).
• Train management and hourly associates in best practices.
• Support operations with various analyses (what-if analysis, cost analysis, etc.) including detailed and complex financial analyses to help identify potential areas of improvement.
• Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Engineering, Logistics, Supply Chain, or related field.
• At least 3-5 years of experience in distribution or supply chain management.
• Experience within the medical device, medical supply, or pharmaceutical industry is a plus.
• Familiarity with quality practices and process improvement such as Lean Six Sigma.
• Proactive, highly motivated, self-starter, resourceful and goal-oriented with a sense of urgency toward developing process improvements.
• Business Acumen and understanding of requisitioning, purchasing, accounts receivables, shipping/receiving, and other back office processes and functions.
• Familiar with Lean Operating Procedures
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office with emphasis on Excel and Power Point
• Fluency with use and development of layouts/Project Planning tools
• Experience implementing Warehouse Management Systems in a distribution environment.