Industrial Electrician & Controls Technician – Bakersfield
Industrial Electrician & Controls Technician
The Industrial Electrician & Controls Technician will ensure the proper maintenance and operational status of all instrumentation, electrical, & controls. Area of direct responsibility & operations include boiler’s and associated utility systems, plant power distribution systems, plant motor control system, HVAC system, plant compressed air system, & plant water distribution system. This position is designed to support the Front End department, Evaporations department, Aseptic department, Lab, Shipping/Warehouse departments, & Engineering department with their instrumentation, electrical, & controls maintenance needs.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Understand and follow all facility and department Safety rules and programs.
- Develops or assists the development of plant tag-out/lock-out documentation.
- Operate boilers (including H20 Chemistry) and utility systems, electrical switch gear, motor controls, air compressors, HVAC, plant water distribution, & PLC control systems.
- Conduct preventative maintenance and repair of all plant boilers and utility systems, electrical switch gear, motor controls, air compressors, HVAC, PLC control systems, plant water distribution equipment as needed.
- Troubleshoot instrumentation, electrical, & PLC control system problems throughout the plant.
- Assist Plant Manager in the maintenance of the plant documentation. Provides red-lines for P&ID’s, panel schedules, one-line diagrams, wiring diagrams, schematics, motor index, & instrument index, etc. for any changes being made.
- Train/Assist in other members of the Utility Group in their areas of responsibility, acting as mentor for the development of qualified IE&C Technicians.
- Research parts needed for work/repairs and properly utilize the parts inventory and work order systems.
- Provide purchasing & construction oversight to meet company standards for IE&C projects.
- Cover areas of the facility as assigned by the Plant Manager.
- H20 (Fresh & Effluent) Testing
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
You Have (Minimum Qualifications):
- World Class safety performance of all members in the Utilities IE&C group.
- Minimal utility downtime.
- Known for assisting Front End, Evaporations, Aseptic, Lab, & Engineering with their Instrumentation, electrical, & control maintenance needs.
- Continuing education in the instrument, electrical, & controls of the plant.
We hope you have (Preferred Qualifications but not required):
- Minimum of 5 years experience in IE&C field with solid skills in instrumentation, electrical. PLC controls and mechanical are a plus.
- California Boiler Operator License or certification is a plus.
- Ability to understand P&ID’s and assist with system design and changes.
- Experienced in reading blueprints and schematics.
- Computer skills with Excel, Access, Word and email systems.
- Available to work overtime (end of shift and during previously scheduled days off).
- Candidate should be teamwork oriented with great communication skills.
please send resumes to email@example.comApply for the job