Health, Safety, Environmental Supervisor
JOB SUMMARY: Under direction and supervision of the General Manager, the Health, Safety, Environmental (HSE) Supervisor will:
• Facilitate, execute, maintain and update Health, Safety and Environmental procedures for an oil well service company in Kern County, California.
• Daily field visits
• Evaluate data, observe trends and work with Ownership and Management to mitigate hazards.
• Work closely with Ownership and Management to implement, communicate and track Health, Safety and Environmental procedures.
• Work closely with Ownership and Management to develop long term plans and strategies.
• Work closely with Operations to monitor and address Health, Safety and/or Environmental concerns.
• Review, update and communicate job safety plans and operating procedures
• Act as a liaison for client HSE representatives
• Plan and present safety meetings
• Adhere to and enforce all safety practices
• Have daily interactions with client representatives and field employees
• Observe and record job procedures and activities
• Provide data monitoring and present data for Ownership and Management review
• Direct risk assessments and investigations
• Ability to travel, potentially 200+ miles per day with company vehicle
The qualified candidate will receive direct training and/or supervision by Managers and Supervisors with 6 to 30+ years’ experience. The HSE Supervisor will be expected to split their time between administrative and field duties. This is a full-time position with regular, occasional overtime anticipated.
• Professional Safety Experience Required; A minimum of three years of related safety administration experience and/or training, including training, program monitoring and compliance
• Kern County Oilfield Experience Required
• Subsurface Experience Preferred
• Bachelor’s Degree (BA/BS) Preferred
• BA/BS with concentration in Occupational Health and Safety Preferred
• Certified Safety Professional (CSP) is Preferred
• Knowledge of Federal, state and local statutes and regulations governing drug and alcohol testing, employee safety, various state Driver License requirements and workers’ compensation, with emphasis on private employee application.
• Must possess a valid driver’s license with acceptable driving record.
• Pre-employment physical, drug test and background check required with continued participation throughout employment.
• Intermediate to advanced level knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office, including Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
Location is Bakersfield, CA. – will require travel to client locations
Salary is DOE ( $50-80K) DOE
Please submit resumes directly to firstname.lastname@example.orgApply for the job