HSE Compliance Specialist
Candidates must have a desire for the HSE profession, a focus on accuracy and the ability to translate regulatory and legislative documents to the oil field. The person that fills this position will be expected to lead and train others in regulatory compliance. This position will have an active role and responsibilities in all areas of regulatory compliance. The person that fills this position must be a self-starter and have the ability to work without direct supervision while keeping leadership up to date on their activities.
Under direction of the Director of HSE, this position is responsible for providing Environmental, Health & Safety support to the MOC management team. Responsibilities are largely focused on regulatory compliance, and support of the Director of HSE. This is not a field safety position. We are looking for candidates with proven experience liaising with the various regulatory agencies that affect the oil industry, and translating regulations to working programs as a team. Regulatory affairs experienced personnel are encouraged to apply.
- Reviews and analyzes emerging laws and regulations; provides input to the Director of HSE and the leadership team
- Participates in industry associations and work groups to promote issues important to the Company
- Generates and sustains rapport with agencies
- Serves as subject matter expert for HSE policies
- Assists and completes regulatory reporting documents
- Analyzes HSE regulations and policies and provides professional recommendations to management team for continuous improvement
- Works to implement databases and tools for efficiency, timeliness, and accuracy
- Develops and delivers HSE training to ensure compliance and industry leading performance for the Company team. Supports others to develop and deliver training and HSE leadership
- Make and support others performing regulatory reporting
- Supports tours of company facilities
- Accomplishes other duties as assigned
- Ability to work independently and under tight deadlines and to maintain flexibility in prioritizing work responsibilities.
- Good verbal communication skills and the ability to maintain a positive and effective working relationship with community stakeholders, company and contract personnel from other Departments.
- The ability to train others Proficiency using MS Office (Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint).
- Strong writing skills, the ability to prepare concise reports, both hand-written and computer generated, and maintain required records.
- Have 8+ years EH&S, experience
- Ability to comprehend, communicate, and apply federal, state and local standards.
- A Bachelor’s degree.
- In lieu of degree, a combination of 8-10 years’ experience in operations and EH&S and or education may be substituted. Experience in oil production is not required.
- Professional HSE certification(s), but not required
- Possess a valid California driver’s license with a clean driving record.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Work site will be in an office environment with occasional to frequent work in the oil field production field.
- Work will include occasionally working outside of normal business hours
- Occasional travel will be required
$95,000.00 (DOE) Compensation and title dependent on candidate’s qualifications and proven performance
Apply for the job