HR / Payroll Coordinator
The primary job responsibilities of the HR/Payroll Coordinator are to administer and coordinate most functions in the HR Department with emphasis on HR/Payroll workflow, payroll-related data entry, new hire set-up, and administrative support. Perform a variety of HR & Payroll functions, projects, and administrative duties for the HR team. The HR & Payroll Coordinator will also act as the liaison between the HR team and employees, ensuring smooth communication and prompt resolution of HR and Payroll related inquiries.
- Enter all new hire information in the HRIS system including personal, employment, pay and benefit information.
- Update payroll records by entering changes in insurance benefit coverage, savings deductions, and job title and department/division updates.
- Provide bi-weekly payroll support as the secondary processor.
- Assist with the review and auditing of each payroll run.
- Process all required Accounting reporting after each payroll run.
- Process all terminations in payroll and benefits
- Administer terminations in COBRA management system to ensure timely notifications
- Complete all verification of employment requests
- Secondary point of contact for all payroll and benefit issues.
- Reconcile monthly benefit insurance statements.
- Assist with leaves of absence required notices and collection of benefit payments.
- Assist with yearly Benefit Open Enrollment by distributing and retrieving required enrollment forms.
- Assist with yearly dependent audit process by requesting necessary documentation and reviewing for accuracy.
- Filing, including creation of new hire benefit files and maintaining of personnel medical files.
- Coordinate efforts between Payroll, Human Resources, and other departments to ensure proper flow and maintenance of employee data.
- Assist with special projects as requested.
- Builds collaborative relationships throughout client organization and within HR department by establishing trust and credibility through daily interactions.
- Back up support to the new hire process and onboarding of employees.
- Assist with managing HRIS system and HR intranet page including updating the HR calendar, news and announcements, and generate ad hoc reports.
- Update and maintain organizational charts.
- Filing, including creation of new hire files and maintaining personnel files including I-9s to ensure accurate recordkeeping.
- Responsible for monitoring shared HR email accounts and routing correspondence as appropriate.
- Assist employees with questions regarding HR issues, benefits, policies and procedures
- Responsible for data entry on tracking of employee training, development, and certifications.
- Develop and maintain written HR desk procedures and maintaining of HR related forms
- Perform various administrative duties and assist with day-to-day operations in the HR department.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education, Certificates, Licenses
- HS Diploma or equivalent.
- Associates degree in Business, or related field preferred.
- PHR or SHRM-CP certification preferred.
- 3-5 years of prior relevant work experience in HR and Payroll.
- Working experience in UltiPro HRIS & Payroll applications preferred.
- Oil and Gas industry experience a plus.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of employees.
- Self-directed and self-motivated.
- Outstanding organizational and data analysis skills.
- Ability to work independently and in a team by multitask effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent customer service skills with the ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships.
- Excellent data entry skills with high accuracy and attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong Microsoft Office software skills including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Working knowledge of HRIS system applications.
- Must be able to maintain strict confidentiality with sensitive information, records and reports
- Ability to meet and/or exceed required deadlines.
- General knowledge of benefits, employment practices, wage/labor laws and payroll practices