Geologist III – oil (Sr. Development)
The Senior Development Geologist 3 will be an integral member of an asset team working closely with other team members to plan and implement development programs that add value to Company. The successful candidate will have a strong and well-rounded working knowledge of conventional development geology and geological techniques and will work effectively as part of a multidisciplinary asset team. The candidate will work in the asset team under general supervision and guidance from management and may at times serve as a task or project leader. The successful candidate will also exhibit Company’s core values of leadership, entrepreneurship, accountability, ownership and communication.
- Evaluates and integrates geological, petrophysical, geophysical, engineering and production data to develop and maintain a detailed geological understanding and characterization of a reservoir to be used for depletion planning, development drilling, and reserves/resource
- Recommends and assists asset team in collecting and acquiring key geologic, petrophysical, geophysical and engineering data for
- Interprets a broad spectrum of technical data and constructs subsurface maps (structural, stratigraphic, thickness, gross/net pay, reservoir property, original oil in-place, pressure, ) and builds/maintains 2D and 3D reservoir models for operational and planning purposes, and reserve/resource determinations.
- Plans, optimizes and recommends, with the asset team, development drilling locations, recompletion/workover candidates, wireline programs and completion
- Supports all aspects of the drilling process from permitting, wellbore design, directional planning through operations to wireline logging, completion and post-execution reports and
- Utilizes deterministic and probabilistic methods to analyze reservoir uncertainties, risks and resource ranges.
- Creates pre- and post-project reports to summarize and document project objectives, activities, results and critical lessons
- Applies innovative thinking and regional understanding of petroleum systems in identifying growth opportunities on existing assets and nearby
- Works independently and mentors early career and less experienced
- Complies with all the Company’s Safety and Environmental policies, practices and programs. Takes corrective action within training limitations. Escalates as
- Participates in and adheres to all training programs designed to enhance EH&S knowledge and safety standards.
- Collaborates with both the operational and EH&S team to effectively meet area and departmental EH&S
- Performs other duties as
Education, Certificates, Licenses
- Bachelor’s Degree in geosciences
- Master’s Degree in geosciences preferred.
- Minimum 7 years of relevant work experience in oil and gas development and
- Demonstrated experience in the development of mature fields including the application of thermal enhanced oil recovery techniques to heavy oil
- Working knowledge and experience in California, particularly the San Joaquin basin,
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- A demonstrated self-starter with ability to analyze and process information quickly and manage multiple tasks
- Strong leadership, planning, organizing and project management
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including technical
- Eagerly takes ownership of responsibilities and projects and works collaboratively to accomplish goals.
- Accepts accountability for actions and decisions and actively learns from past
- Entrepreneurial with a strong understanding and competency in the economic evaluation of oil and gas
- Ability to work collaboratively within a multi-disciplinary asset team and across functional groups (drilling, land, business development, ).
- Well-developed professional networking
- Strong computer skills and ability to manipulate geoscience
- Positive attitude and support for company values and
Apply for the job