Front Office Manager – medical - Position has been filled -
Provides tactical leadership in order to maximize the effectiveness of patient service, engages staff and cultivates a clinic culture that prioritizes patient-centric care. Coordinates the day-to-day operational aspects of the front desk, check out, and call center areas. Works closely with other management, staff and providers to ensure that all clinic goals are met.
List of Duties and Responsibilities:
– Ensures the quality of patient service and applies staff coaching in the following areas as necessary:
– patients greeted in prompt, courteous, and helpful manner,
– phones answered promptly and courteously,
– calls transferred to appropriate personnel,
– maintains patients flow and satisfaction,
– entry of correct patient demographic information,
– collection of accurate payments,
– informing patients of any outstanding balance,
– collection of said balance,
– patient eligibility is verified and patients are informed of their eligibility status,
– maintains accurate patient information in Electronic Medical Records.
– Performs audits to identify front office staff errors and corrects them appropriately by applying coaching or disciplinary actions.
– Oversees all medical records requests and ensures the timely delivery.
– Oversees accurate scanning of the medical records in Electronic Medical Records.
– Assists in hiring, training, and reviewing performance of staff.
– Monitors all reception, check-out, calling center areas for appointment timeliness, seating availability, and cleanliness.
– Oversees the return appointment making and recall process.
– Ensures timely reminders of patient appointments.
– Ensures the follow up on “no show” patients daily.
– Ensures accurate end-of-day reconciliation of patient receipts.
– Works with other managers and providers to assess and improve patient satisfaction.
– Works with the Operations Manager to resolve facility problems.
– Seeks providers’ feedback on triage, patient flow, patient concerns, and complaints and solves them appropriately.
– Communicates to Operations Manager about front office staff overtime and staff work schedule
issues in advance.
– Serves as a liaison between patients, the front office, and all other areas of the clinic.
– Provides value-added and productive input and expertise to drive continual improvement, support standardization and streamlining and to resolve ongoing patient care issues.
– Supports the established processes and systems to enhance customer service by providing
coaching to staff and ensuring a safe environment for patients, staff, providers and visitors, and
operates clinic in compliance with all (HIPAA, OSHA, labor, etc.) legal and regulatory requirements impacting areas of responsibilities.
– Assists in determining the workload priorities to enable timely completion of tasks while
monitoring work performance and supporting with training and coaching as necessary in the front office department.
– Supports the management of supply costs and maintaining staffing levels that adhere to labor
– Develops and maintains effective relationships with medical staff, administrative staff, patients and others.
– Achieves cooperation and teamwork through effective communications and positive relations with
– Orders or requests all necessary supplies according to established protocols and procedures.
– Creates and provides front office staff weekly schedule in a timely manner.
– Holds regular front office staff meetings.
– Participates in work groups, teams, task forces and committees to support ongoing improvement in clinic operations.
– Monitors front office staff daily schedules and executes scheduling changes as necessary.
– Oversees and adjusts provider schedules to ensure the most efficient flow of clinic.
– Oversees the maintenance of providers’ templates.
– Prepares, maintains, and submits providers’ availability appointment and calling center reports to Operations Manager.
– Approves/denies staff requests for time off with pay/without pay.
– Executes all new or revised policies and procedures.
– Addresses patient complaints, prepares incident reports, prepares unusual occurrence reports, prepares patient discharge documents per providers’ request, and any matter requiring attention in the clinic.
– Knowledge of and ability to utilize the tools, techniques and procedures needed to establish and monitor budgets.
– Knowledge of healthcare industry’s trends, directions, major issues, regulatory considerations and
trendsetters; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.
– Knowledge of the day-to-day operations of a healthcare center; ability to use this knowledge to ensure the healthcare center performance is efficient and effective.
Education and Experience:
Experience: Minimum of three (3) years experience in medical field.
Education: High School Diploma or GED equivalent. Graduated from an accredited university with a Bachelor’s Degree in Public Administration, Business Administration, Healthcare Administration, or equivalent.
Special Skills: Working knowledge of community clinic/health center operations. Ability to relate to patients through familiarity with medical terminology and triage procedure.
Salary is DOE – $47- 50,000 plus full benefits –