FINANCIAL REPORTING MANAGER – SEC reporting
Financial Reporting Manager – OIL/GAS
Dallas Location –
Works independently to perform complex financial reporting assignments requiring in-depth knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and SEC Regulations. Performs special projects of a highly complex nature. Manages the implementation of accounting programs, resources, information systems, and projects, as well as provides resolutions to technical and process problems.
• Works independently to perform complex financial reporting assignments requiring in-depth knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and SEC Regulations. Performs special projects of a highly complex nature.
• Prepares accurate and timely financial schedules that support SEC filings and internal financial reports.
• Analyzes supporting documentation received from Accounting and other departments to determine accuracy and completeness.
• Leads the review and tie-out of Investor Relations presentations and other releases.
• Performs technical accounting research.
• Prepares XBRL financials, including detail tagging.
• Coordinates 401K benefit plan audit and prepares required filing document.
• Reviews contracts for embedded derivatives and other accounting and reporting considerations.
• Reviews certain assignments prepared by Staff Accountant.
• Interacts with external auditors.
• Performs and supports certain SOX controls and prepares documentation to ensure compliance.
• Takes a leadership role in communicating and distributing information throughout functional area.
• Ensures compliance within department through leadership.
Education, Certificates, Licenses
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
• MBA preferred
• CPA certification required
• 15+ years of work experience in related field
• 2+ years of previous SEC reporting experience
• Big 4 public accounting experience preferred
• Oil and Gas Experience Preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Advanced writing skills for Accounting memorandum and SEC disclosure.
• Advanced understanding of SEC Regulations and reporting requirements including Regulations S-X and S-K.
• Advanced understanding of SEC Form requirements, including 10-K, 10-Q and 8-K.
• Advanced accounting research skills.
• Ability to work well on a team in a deadline-oriented environment.
• Ability to adapt well to changes in assignments and responsibilities.
• Demonstrated effective usage of information systems functionality in assigned areas and displays ability to make efficiency improvements.
• Broad, in-depth knowledge of internal control of appropriate evidentiary documentation in areas of responsibility.
• Effective problem solving skills and the ability to solve complex issues independently.
• Effectively communicates technical accounting topics and recommendations to other members of the Accounting department as well as other stakeholders.
• Communicates in writing and orally with clarity and precision across departments.
• Consistently demonstrates the initiative to identify and pursue improvement opportunities.
• Organized and detail-oriented.
• Demonstrates knowledge of broader business issues, including peer and best practice data, and the ability bring this knowledge to bear in decision-making
• Able to influence and enforce practices and policies in department in areas of responsibility
• Demonstrated significant communication skills in multiple settings to persuade key decision makers to take recommended actions in matters involving commitment of resources
• Able to build consensus across departments and among levels
• Primarily office work environment
• Routine work involves common office activities during a typical 9-hour day such as standing, sitting, walking, typing, and twisting as necessary
• May be required to occasionally lift up to 25 pounds
This job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties nor account for all abilities required to perform the job. It is a general description of the nature of the position.