Field Services Manager
The Field Service Manager is responsible for the planning, managing, and oversight of all components of the day-today operations for Field Services. Components include but not limited to, capital projects, cogeneration operations, oil and gas measurement, regulatory compliance, rotating equipment reliability and mechanical integrity.
Preferred: Engineer with heavy facilities background or Operations Manager who oversaw capital projects.
The position is in Bakersfield. Its full-time, benefits, STI/LTI and relocation. Salary range, $140,000-$192,500.
• Ensures compliance with DOGGR, BLM, air district & other regulatory bodies policies and rules.
• Provides oversight and support for Company’s reliability charter and mechanical integrity program
• Provides oversight and support for cogeneration operations.
• Ensures that the Field Services processes, procedures, and plans are in-place to facilitate knowledge transfer, maximize efficiency, and minimize errors.
• Strives for continual performance improvement through knowledge management and application of new technologies.
• Ensure programs, program amendments, and dispensations to policy are prepared on schedule and are adequately risk assessed. Promotes and encourages appropriate risk taking.
• Provides cost control for projects and cogeneration operations.
• Ensures Field Services operations follow Company’s health, safety, and environmental protection policies.
• Coaches and mentors Field Service staff to ensure appropriate development and career progression.
• Provides engineering technical leadership and expertise for project planning and design, cost estimation and risk analysis, and operation support to field team.
• Reviews engineering studies to improve operational performance.
• Selects contractors and ensures contractor adherence to company standards.
• Travels to field locations to monitor and participate in operations, as needed.
• Directs a team to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
• Interfaces with interoffice managers, communicating updates and forecasts.
• Supervises lower level employees.
• Complies with all the Company’s Safety and Environmental policies, practices and programs. Takes corrective action within training limitations. Escalates as necessary.
• Participates in and adheres to all training programs designed to enhance EH&S knowledge and safety standards.
• Collaborates with both the operational and EH&S team to effectively meet area and departmental EH&S goals.
• Assist with special projects and other activities that may be assigned from time to time.
Education, Certificates, Licenses
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (Mechanical, Electrical, Facilities) or related field required.
• Master’s Degree preferred.
• Valid Driver’s License.
- 12+ years of experience in a related operational role(s).
• 5+ years of supervisory experience