Executive Director – Non-Profit
- Master’s Degree or equivalent training, education and experience.
- Two years of experience providing alcohol and/or other drug treatment or recovery services.
- Two years of experience supervising personnel.
- One year of experience managing an accounting system, or preparing or directing the preparation of budgets or costs reports. Satisfactory completion of two college-level courses in accounting may be substituted for the one year of experience required in this subsection. As used in this job description, “satisfactory completion” means attainment of a grade of “C” or better.
- Ability to effectively communicate and establish rapport with the Organization’s Board members, managers, program staff and clients.
- Knowledge and experience in the area of administrative and personnel management and procedures.
- Ability to effectively represent the Organization to governmental and private agencies through personal contacts and public appearances.
- Avoiding the misuse of alcohol and/or other drugs is a job-related qualification.
- Knowledge of the principles of effective planning and experience in the area of program planning and development; knowledge of substance abuse treatment procedures.
- Knowledge of DUI legislation and its practical application.
- Knowledge of outpatient drug treatment services, including Drug Medi-Cal requirements.
- Basic computer skills and working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, Outlook and other programs.
- Experience with grant writing, or willingness to learn
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Pass pre-employment drug screen.
- Executes and implements all Board policies, procedures and other actions.
- Facilitates, develops and administers the various programs. Improves and enhances the quality of service provided to clients and assures program integrity.
- Administers the Organization’s budget and resources, as per Board policies and directives, in an accountable and appropriate manner and assures the fiscal integrity of the Organization.
- Provides information and advice to the Board of Directors, keeping them informed of current rules and regulations concerning the delivery of program services and the changing needs of the community.
- Evaluates and recommends development of policies and procedures to the Board; assists in the development of priorities and action plans.
- Acts as liaison between the Board and governmental and private agencies. Establishes and coordinates productive contacts with appropriate regulatory agencies, government officials and other service providers.
- Prepares the Organization’s annual budget with an appropriate presentation and interpretation.
- Provides an annual assessment of the various programs and delineates their needs.
- Assembles a staff capable of providing Organization services and, when appropriate, reports to the Board on actions concerning the hiring, promotion and release of staff.
- Takes responsibility for the overall supervision of the Organization’s staff and supervisors. Evaluates the performance of all supervisory personnel and staff not directly assigned to a supervisor.
- Providing for the submission of protocols and other proposals in a timely and efficient manner.
- Assures the Organization’s compliance with the guidelines of all regulatory agencies.
- Directs the proper maintenance of all Organization books and records, including case records and treatment plans. Supervises the strict confidentiality of such records as required by federal regulations, Title IX of the California Code of Regulations and the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (H.I.P.A.A.).
- Implements the Organization’s personnel policies and procedures and recommends appropriate changes.
- Develops and provides necessary revisions to the job descriptions of the Organization’s staff. Provides an annual review of the Employee Handbook.
- Makes appropriate recommendations concerning revision of staffing patterns and salary schedules.
- Approves all program expenditures, except those requiring Board approval.
- Implements a staff development program that ensures the on-going professional growth of all personnel.
- Submits a monthly written report to the Board on activities and developments within the Organization and its various departments.
For immediate consideration, please send resume to Jflesher@prosearchservices.com. Full time/direct hire with benefits defined by organization. All resume will be held in the strictest confidence and will never be submitted without your approval. This position will provide an excellent opportunity for promotion within the organization.Apply for the job