Environmental Health and Safety Advisor – oil/gas
Responsible for identifying and developing health and safety processes and programs to meet federal, state and local, OSHA/RMP compliance. The incumbent is responsible for creating and maintaining written health and safety programs, policies, and process guides related to all upstream oil and gas activities including submittal of OSHA/EPA/RMP related data to the appropriate agencies.
- Responsible for identifying regulatory needs and creating processes to ensure compliance.
- Maintains contact with regulatory agencies (federal, state and county) to gain clarification or insight into new or pending regulations.
- Discusses compliance issues, as well as implementation of compliance strategies, with the asset teams.
- Provide technical support to management and asset teams, such as release dispersion modeling, PHA facilitation, emergency response guidance, etc.
- Researches proposed, new, and existing laws and regulations that affect the company.
- Maintains a tracking system for incident reporting and RCFA/investigation business rules.
- Provides regulatory clarification and support on operational matters.
- Prepares and manages RMP submittal and subsequent approval.
- Communicates with regulatory agencies as needed.
- Provide technical support to field health and safety representative as necessary.
- Participates in and adheres to all training programs designed to enhance EH&S knowledge and safety standards.
- Collaborates with both the operational and EH&S team to effectively meet area and departmental EH&S goals.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education, Certificates, Licenses
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience.
- CSP preferred
- ASP required
- Valid Driver License
- 10+ years of health and safety regulatory experience in the oil and gas industry in California.
- Experience interfacing with regulatory agencies supporting operations and projects.
- Experience in PSM/RMP compliance and implementation.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to work independently, as well as working in a team environment to achieve success through others.
- Analytical thinking, including the ability to analyze and present regulatory compliance activities to other departments.
- Ability to prioritize, manage, and complete multiple tasks within a given time frame.
- Must have advanced knowledge of federal, state, and local OSHA requirements governing upstream oil & gas activities.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate (oral, written)
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and SharePoint.
- Have a strong understanding of oilfield operations and well servicing activities.
- Demonstrated ability to read, comprehend, and interpret laws and regulations.
- Ability to create and maintain web-based reporting forms and databases.
- Familiarity with creating and publishing SharePoint sites.
- Ability to research OSHA/EPA requirements.
- Demonstrates a general understanding of how regulations are developed, structured and administered. Researches and remains abreast of pending changes.
Please send resumes to email@example.com for immediate and confidential consideration.Apply for the job