Engineer 1 – Reservoir, Bakersfield CA.
The Engineer 1 assists in engineering studies using fundamental engineering concepts. The incumbent focuses on developing knowledge, skills, and abilities to reach a higher level of proficiency and work complexity. This is an entry level, developmental position working under direct supervision and guidance from more experienced engineers and management.
• Learns and engages in fundamentals of engineering.
• Actively participates in field training and other on-the-job learning opportunities.
• Witnesses key operations and may practice operational functions with assistance or guidance from more experienced engineers or management.
• Consistently seeks opportunities to assist and learn from more experienced engineers.
• Supplements learning by studying graphs, charts, and previous analyses.
• Communicates with vendors regarding best practices and quoting business services.
• Seeks additional classes and/or certifications within area of specialty that could enhance work knowledge and capabilities.
• Assists in, or observes, all conventional aspects of engineering work.
• Assists in evaluating, selecting, and applying standard or well-defined engineering techniques, procedures, and criteria.
• Works within established policies and procedures to help meet set schedules and system or program requirements.
• Observes the development of recommendations for moderately complex issues.
• Assists in the prioritization of preliminary adaptations and modifications.
• Complies with all the Company’s Safety and Environmental policies, practices and programs.
• Participates in and adheres to all training programs designed to enhance EH&S knowledge and safety standards.
• Collaborates with both the operational and EH&S team to effectively meet area and departmental EH&S goals.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Education, Certificates, Licenses
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related field preferred.
• Complexity and scope generally involves knowledge and skills acquired through up to 2 years of prior relevant work experience in oil and gas exploration and production.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Work independently and collaboratively within a team environment to produce results.
• Positive attitude and support for company culture and goals.
• Time management and prioritization skills.
• Strong computer skills.
• Basic communication skills, both verbally and in writing.
• Efficiently manage multiple, competing priorities.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office and oil & gas economic software.
• Ability to think analytically and solve complex problems.
• Working knowledge of standard techniques, modifications, and extension of engineering theories, precepts, and field practices.
• Ability to interpret codes, regulations, and practices.
• Working knowledge of broad-based engineering practices, theories, and principles.
Salary is $88,000 – 120,000 plus bonuses and excellent benefit package
Send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.orgApply for the job