Drilling Specialist – oil/gas
The Drilling Specialist works under general guidance from the Drilling Technical Staff and reports formally to the Drilling Operations Manager. The Drilling Specialist will perform varied tasks, both in the field and office, in support of Company’s Drilling engineering staff and front-end operational planning for new well locations, directional, logistics, permitting and regulatory compliance process. The Drilling Specialist leads well-walk process with a focus on continuous improvement and performs routine duties with a great deal of autonomy and attention to detail.
- Coordinate well staking / walking process (field work required) including location site plan preparation and permit data transmission to Company’s permitting department with regulatory agency obligations.
- Manage directional planning iterative process and QC Company enterprise level, well survey data base. (Compass® experience is a plus, data base experience required).
- Provide well data research on critical wells to engineering and other drilling team members during well planning and design activities.
- Attend team meetings at various locations and Process/KPI meetings weekly/monthly in the field.
- Work with internal asset customers on planning (feeding the long-term drilling schedule) in an integrated and aligned fashion.
- Work with a wide variety of asset customers to fully understand requirements and objectives.
- Keep internal and external customers informed of activity and participate on teams as needed for capital drilling project planning and continuous improvement initiatives.
- Assist the drilling/completion engineer in planning, implementing and evaluating well design improvements. Obtain drilling/completion engineer’s concurrence on all non-routine well plans.
- Will be on call nights, some weekends and holidays as scheduled in support of 24-hour drilling operations.
- Consider Company-wide impact in all business decisions.
- Interacts with the cross-functional teams that affect each other’s daily work.
- Demonstrates leadership potential as opportunities arise.
- Utilizes WellView® to research and analyze well information.
- Researches well files including reading and understanding drilling, workover, and production reports, as well as creation of wellbore schematics.
- Complies with all the Company’s Safety and Environmental policies, practices and programs.
- Participates in and adheres to all training programs designed to enhance EH&S knowledge and safety standards.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education, Certificates, Licenses
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Valid Driver’s License required.
- 3+ years in industry experience.
- Well planning, Compass®, and/or data base management experience preferred.
- Microsoft Office (must be proficient in Excel).
- WellsView® or OpenWells® experience is a plus.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong organization skills and ability to work at all levels within the organization.
- Ability to work accurately under pressure with hard deadlines.
- Able to create and document new processes and prioritize workload.
- Reliable with strong analytical, communication and organizational skills.
- Must be a self-starter with high level of enthusiasm, a bias for action and concern for effectiveness.
- Positive attitude and support for company culture and goals.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbally and written.
- Exceptional planning and organizing skills.
- Work independently and collaboratively within a team environment to produce results.
- Efficiently manage multiple, competing priorities.
For immediate and confidential consideration please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.orgApply for the job