Drilling Engineer 2
Drilling Engineer 2
The Drilling Engineer 2 assists in performing various functions of Company’s active multi-well drilling program. The incumbent occasionally serves as task leader on assignments that require a broad knowledge of engineering under direct supervision and guidance from more experienced engineers and management.
- Learns and engages in fundamentals of drilling
- Continually grows skill set through application of established
- Participates in field training and other on-the-job learning opportunities for further development and refinement.
- Performs key operations and practices operational functions with assistance or guidance from more experienced engineers or
- Consistently seeks opportunities to assist and learn from more experienced
- Supplements learning by studying graphs, charts, and previous
- Seeks additional classes and/or certifications within area of specialty that could enhance work knowledge and
- Assists in, or performs, all conventional aspects of engineering
- Assists in evaluating, selecting, and applying standard or well-defined engineering techniques, procedures, and
- Works within established policies and procedures to meet set schedules and system or program requirements.
- Assists in developing recommendations for moderately complex
- Exercises limited judgment in making and prioritizing preliminary adaptations and
- Complies with all the Company’s Safety and Environmental policies, practices and programs. Takes corrective action within training limitations. Escalates as
- Participates in and adheres to all training programs designed to enhance EH&S knowledge and safety standards.
- Performs other duties as
Education, Certificates, Licenses
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related field
- Active membership in local engineering association(s).
- Valid Driver’s
- Complexity and scope generally involves knowledge and skills acquired through up to 8 years of prior relevant work experience in oil and gas exploration and
- Regional experience in several oil and gas producing basins, including exposure to multiple state regulatory
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrated use of standard techniques, modifications, and extension of engineering theories, precepts, and field
- Efficiently manage multiple, competing
- Ability to think analytically and solve complex
- Working knowledge of drilling operations, drilling mechanics, directional drilling, drilling fluids, cementing, well control, and formation evaluation.
- Work independently and collaboratively within a team environment to produce results.
- Time management and prioritization skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and oil & gas economic software.
- Solid communication skills, both verbally and in writing.
- Working knowledge of all regulatory requirements.
- Project management, planning, and organizational skills.
- Strong commitment to safety and environmental compliance.
- Positive attitude and support for company culture and goals.
- Primarily office work environment
- Routine work involves common office activities during a typical 9-hour day such as standing, sitting, walking, typing, and twisting as necessary
- May be required to occasionally lift up to 25 pounds
Salary is $100,000 – 138,000 plus short term and long term annual bonusesApply for the job