Director of Quality – Food Production
The Director of Quality is responsible for quality oversight of end-to-end processes related to make, assess, and release our company products (tomato and edible oils). This role is also responsible for the continued effectiveness and improvement of the organization’s quality policies and programs, including development and implementation of new systems in response to Quality System feedback and changes in the business objectives. This role promotes teamwork, collaboration and recognition across all departments as the Head of the
Quality team. This role is a member of the local leadership team and supports (perishable foods) cross- functional business unit goals and objectives. This position provides leadership to and directs Customer Service, Quality Assurance and Food Safety programs and sets goals, monitors work, and evaluates
results to ensure that departmental and organizational objectives and operating requirements are met and in line with the needs and mission of the organization.
This position is located in Kings Co., CA.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Regularly interacts with senior management on matters regarding the state of the Quality Management System.
• Ensures that Quality Management System requirements are effectively established and maintained in accordance with applicable regulations and standards.
• Directs coordination of activities with regulatory agencies such as USDA and FDA
• Ensures the facility meets all required food safety laws, regulations and corporate policies
• Mentor and coach direct reports and others in a team environment.
• Evaluate Quality systems and processes to improve product quality, efficiency and throughput.
• Understands domestic and international Quality System Requirements and how they interact to be able to provide quality guidance to other departments.
• Establishes operational objectives and work plans for the Quality Department and delegates assignments to subordinates.
• Develop systems and processes that increase product consistency and conformance to requirements; and improve operational efficiency.
• Maintains ultimate responsibility for the following processes:
o Lot release of in-process materials and finished goods (production batches).
o Validation Program.
o Document and Change Control, including customer notification when required.
o Deviation and Non-conformance Reporting, including customer notification when required.
o Hosting of Internal and External Audits (customer, regulatory or supplier).
o Directing and overseeing the CAPA management process.
o Oversight of the Management Review process.
o Maintaining the Supplier Management program
o Responsible for product recall management
o Responsible for stock rotation, trace, and release of finish product
o Responsible for the management of nonconforming finished product
• Oversee the daily observations of production processes (including inventory, rework and disposal, laboratory testing, etc.)
• Control inventory levels by conducting physical counts; reconciling with data storage system
• Responsible for improvement in customer service quality results (by studying, evaluating, and re- designing processes; establishing communication with customers; monitoring and analyzing results; implementing changes)
• Ability to prepare and directly manage third party customer audits to include FDA, USDA, Silliker, etc.
• Responsible ensuring the pack plan is in conformance to customer specifications
• Oversee the customer service program
• Responsible for contract review
• Responsible for inventory management
• Other duties as assigned
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
B.S. degree from four-year College or University; or 5-7 years related experience and or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Degree in Food Science, Chemistry, or Microbiology preferred. Minimum of 3 years management experience required.
• Strong tactical decision-maker who handles unforeseen issues as they relate to compliance with regulations.
• Works and communicates effectively and professionally in a cross-functional team environment
• Previous knowledge working in food production
• Proficient in writing technical documentation and quality assurance reports
• Knowledge of USDA and FDA requirements
• Minimum of 5-7 years experience in Quality & Food Safety, HACCP, GMPs, SOPs
• Refined research, investigative and analytical skills
• Auditing experience and/or knowledge
• Detail Oriented with solid organizational skills
• Able to multi task and work independently with minimum supervision
• Proven leadership and communication acumen with a demonstrated ability to coach and mentor staff to achieve desirable results.
Salary is $90-125,000 (+) plus excellent benefits and relocation assistanceApply for the job