Director of Quality – farming
Director of Quality Assurance – farming
This person will be responsible for the general oversight and management of quality assurance and food safety across the organic and conventional farming operations.
- A minimum educational background of a BS/BA degree in Microbiology, Food Science, Biochemistry, Biological Sciences or related field is required, advanced degree preferred.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in a Quality Assurance related position.
- Must be experienced and knowledgeable in the areas of food safety, product safety, product quality standards, document control, and regulatory issues pertaining to organic and conventional vegetable farming.
- Candidate must have extensive knowledge of FSMA and Good Agricultural Programs and requirements.
- Previous staff management experience is required.
- Must be knowledgeable in food quality, food safety and sanitation systems and programs.
- Understanding of fresh vegetable product specifications a plus.
- Must be able to work on multiple tasks simultaneously requiring communication and interaction with all levels of the organization.
- Must have the ability to speak, read, and write in English.
- Must have a valid driver’s license with a clean DMV driving record.
- Must pass pre-placement drug/alcohol screen.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Provide direction and leadership to Quality Assurance/ Food Safety Department personnel
- Monitor and respond to quality indicators
- Provide recommendations to farming, facilities, and sales based on field product quality
- Responsible for government, regulatory and customer audit administration
- Monitor and administer GAP program
- Troubleshoot and investigate food quality/food safety issues, and interact with all customer relevant representatives
- Develop, train and assess the performance of QA Department staff
- Provide recommendations to management in relation to QA compliance
- Maintain food safety system documentation
Continuous use of both hands; including grasping, pulling and pushing. Sight, hearing, lifting, standing, climbing stairways, walking and balancing both feet on even and uneven surfaces, bending, twisting, crawling, stooping, kneeling, reaching forward, reaching overhead, reaching below shoulder, wrist turning, neck turning. Must be able to work in different temperatures (working temperatures as hot as 100° to 110° F and as cold as -20° F to 32° F). Must be able to work in a high noise area.
Salary is $120,000 – 150,000 plus bonus and excellent benefits/relocation etc.
This position will be responsible for overseeing the farming food safety programs for all of our growing operations, so travel would include Florida, Georgia, Washington, Colorado, and Oregon. Within California, it would mostly encompass day trips other than the winter months which would be longer trips down to the desert for a few days at a time. I’d estimate a total of 20% travel between those locations throughout the year
Please send resumes to Jackie Flesher, email@example.com for confidential and immediate consideration.
Apply for the job