Database Administrator 1 – Healthcare
Database Administrator 1
The Database Administrator oversees the creation, maintenance, and monitoring of the Oracle and MSSQL databases along with various integrations. The Database Administrator assists with database design and O/S operations.
- Designs logical and physical databases or reviews description of changes to database design to understand how changes to be made affect physical database (how data is stored in terms of physical characteristics such as location, amount of space, and access method).
- Establishes physical database parameters.
- Codes database descriptions and specifies identifiers of database to database management system or directs others in coding database
- Calculates optimum values for database parameters such as amount of computer memory to be used by
- Specifies user access level for each segment of one or more data items such as insert, replace, retrieve, or delete
- Specifies which users can access databases and what data can be accessed by
- Tests and corrects errors and refines changes to
- Monitors database performance such as distribution of records and amount of available memory.
- Directs programmers and analysts to make changes to database management
- Reviews and corrects
- Monitors data replication and backups
- Confers with co-workers to determine impact of database changes on other systems and staff cost for making changes to
- Modifies database programs to increase processing performance, referred to as performance tuning.
- Complies with all the Company’s Safety and Environmental policies, practices and programs. Takes corrective action within training limitations. Escalates as
- Participates in and adheres to all training programs designed to enhance EH&S knowledge and safety
- Performs other duties as
Education, Certificates, Licenses
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information systems, or a Related field preferred
- Minimum 5 years of experience with Database Administration
- Experience with Oracle Database 11g, 12c and 18c desired
- Experience with Oracle Enterprise Manager 13c desired
- Experience with Solaris/Linux is desired
- Experience with Oracle Golden gate 12c is a plus
- Experience with MSSQL 2012 -16 is a plus
- Experience with EBS is a plus
- Experience in Oil and Gas industry is a plus
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to effectively communicate between the team, team leader and other teams or customers both internal and
- Self-motivated with the ability to work
- Adapts well to and helps promote change within the
- Sharp analytical abilities and proven design
- Advanced computer
- Excellent time management and organization skills, with the ability to manage multiple competing
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental
- Ability to comprehend and calculate figures such as proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret
- Ability to communicate information to a broader audience and across the organization both in writing and orally with clarity and precision.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to effectively develop, organize and present training to others within the
- Primarily office work environment and regular field
- Routine work involves common office activities during a typical 9-hour day such as standing, sitting, walking, typing, and twisting as
- May be required to occasionally lift up to 25
- Must follow all company safety policies, including when visiting field
$90-110,000 direct hire
please contact Jill Nunes or Jackie Flesher for immediate consideration: 661-377-2300
email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.orgApply for the job