Our client is one of the largest suppliers of pipe, valves and fittings in the Western US, with 21 locations in 6 different states. Headquartered in Kern Co., CA, we service various industries nationwide, including oil and gas, agriculture, construction, industrial and municipalities.
“We pride ourselves on our customer first approach and are looking for team members that share the same values.”
Our client is seeking a strong financial leader based out of our corporate office who will be responsible for leading the accounting team and managing the accounting operations of the company. This position reports to the Chief Financial Officer and will be responsible for a team of approximately 10 employees.
This position will be responsible for:
- Providing and overseeing a work environment that provides a positive climate for coworkers and one that enables the acquisition, retention and motivation of highly productive employees
- Ensuring the finance team is appropriately resourced, managed and coached to achieve high reporting and analytical standards.
- Ensuring that all financial reporting is accurate and provided to internal and external stakeholders on a timely basis.
- Assisting in implementing to the setting of financial objectives, policies, procedures, and controls to ensure that the organization’s books of record are maintained in accordance with applicable regulatory agencies.
- Contributing to establishing financial metrics which assist the company in reaching their performance goals.
- Driving and playing critical roles in key initiatives such as mergers and acquisitions, streamlining and automation, and business information systems.
- Partnering with CFO and executive team to analyze financials, identify business opportunity or risk and proactively monitor business performance.
- Reviewing and recommending changes to customer and vendor contracts and works with legal counsel as required.
- Preparing reoccurring financial records, such as: monthly and quarterly sales and use tax returns, monthly collateral statements for bank, monthly journal entries, and annual property tax statements.
- Assisting with preparation of annual company budget.
- Leading the annual company financial audit process by working with the finance and operations teams to ensure accurate and timely preparation of work papers for external auditors.
- Adherence to internal controls and company policy procedures
The successful candidate will have a proven track record of managing finance and accounting for an entire company or division, with proven and effective leadership experience. The successful candidate should be a strong communicator and have excellent interpersonal skills. The ideal candidate should possess the following knowledge and technical experience:
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance required; CPA or MBA is preferred.
- Experience: Minimum 10 years’ accounting and finance experience, with five years at management level required.
- Solid Leadership and Managerial Skills: Strong organizational leader with the ability to build a strong culture and team environment.
- Strong Business Acumen and Analytical Skills: Proficient in financial modeling and budgeting. Experience with executing and integrating acquisitions is preferred.
- Excellent Accounting and Financial Reporting Skills: Has a thorough understanding of GAAP accounting; has a demonstrated and intuitive sense about costs and working capital; capable of developing and delivering timely financial metrics.
- Strategic and Operational Mindset: Interested in and involved with operational issues and how they affect the financial function; able to meaningfully participate in developing strategies to support a growth plan.
- Knowledge of Accounting Software and Information Technology: Has knowledge of and experience with accounting software capable of reporting at the individual business unit or branch level and the consolidated levels.
- Communication and Interpersonal Skills: Someone who likes people and gets along with people at all levels of the organization; should be articulate and able to communicate the company’s successes and opportunities with passion and intensity.
We offer competitive wages and great benefits which include medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability, paid time off and 401k program and match.Apply for the job