Buyer/Procurement Sourcing Coordinator – oil/gas
Buyer/Procurement Sourcing Coordinator
This Company is seeking a Buyer/Procurement Sourcing Coordinator to join our team on a full- time basis. This position will lead cross functional teams for sourcing initiatives in alignment with operational objectives. The ideal candidate will have at least 5 years’ experience in procurement sourcing and contracting, in an Oil & Gas environment, preferably for operations in California, Utah, and Colorado.
• Understands, manages, and negotiates agreements for oil field equipment, services, and materials.
• Independently solve increasingly complex issues, such as vendor compliance with operational requirements, negotiating for a competitive advantage, developing new vendors, monitoring supplier’s performance, and company assets with limited guidance.
• Maintains constant communication with management, engineering, and field operations so that needs are identified, lead times are not critical, requirements are met, and shortages and overages are avoided.
• Analyzes spend and implements strategies to leverage company buying power.
• Provides assistance to operations by managing inventories and the flow of material from the time of purchase to final destination.
• Prepares orders, verifies invoices with vendors, and analyzes quotas and specification.
• Interviews vendors to obtain data regarding a wide variety of oil field services and products.
• Estimates values according to knowledge of market price.
• Reviews bid proposals and negotiating contracts within budgetary limitations.
• Obtains data regarding a wide variety of services, equipment, and materials and and analyzes quotes with varied specifications.
• Responsible for negotiating with approved vendors and issuing work and purchase orders.
• Negotiates contracts to conserve capital, reduce cost, and improve supplier performance.
• Provides materials management support to minimize stock to optimum level, to assist with physical inventory, and to process material transfers.
• Participates in and adheres to all training programs designed to enhance EH&S knowledge and safety standards.
• Collaborates with both the operational and EH&S team to effectively meet area and departmental EH&S goals.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Education, Certificates, Licenses
Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain Management, Accounting, Finance, Engineering, or other related discipline.
Procurement certification preferred.
Valid Driver License with acceptable driving record required.
5+ years of procurement experience sourcing and contracting in the following areas:
o Drilling Rigs.
o Drilling Services.
o Plugging & Abandonment Services.
o Oilfield Facilities Construction Projects.
o Co-Generation Plant Operations and Turnarounds.
o Oilfield Operational Services:
Well Servicing Rigs;
Electrical & Instrumentation; and
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Excellent oral and written communication skills; demonstrates confidence in communicating to Engineering professionals, as well as field personnel.
Proven ability to prepare and deliver compelling business presentations.
Strategic commercial thinking, including the ability to develop creative solutions to issues, evaluates solutions, and recommends preferred alternatives.
In-depth knowledge of internal control and development of appropriate evidentiary documentation in areas of responsibility.
Proficient in MS Office suite.
Demonstrates the initiative to identify improvement opportunities and pursue those opportunities with minimal guidance
Safety awareness and high level of personal passion for making safety first.
Strong networking, interpersonal, and teamwork/collaboration skills.
Accomplished and driven personality.
Ability to travel within the State of California (three to six days per month) and out of state to Utah and Colorado (approximately four one-week trips per year).
Primarily office work environment.
Routine work involves common office activities during a typical 9-hour day such as standing, sitting, walking, typing, twisting as necessary.
May be required to occasionally lift up to 25 pounds.
Must follow all company safety policies, including when visiting field locations.
Position location is Bakersfield, CA.
Salary/Compensation $76,000 – 120,000 plus bonus and benefits
please submit resumes directly to firstname.lastname@example.orgApply for the job