Business Unit Manager
The primary objective of the Business Unit Manager and business unit is to help business owners maximize their investment in human capital through establishment of best practices, and positively impact client and company initiatives and profitability. You will collaborate with client companies to educate, advise, and influence them on matters involving, but not limited to, organization development, employee engagement, change management, performance management, and employee relations. Ideal candidate will have owned their own business, strong leader and decision maker, ability to work autonomously, HR background.
• Outstanding business acumen with the ability to understand and operate from the perspective of the business owner, as a business advisor
• Prior P&L responsibility and accountability
• Direct operations experience
• Proven track record in successfully leading and empowering teams, more than five years of people management experience
• Solid understanding of human resources principles and practices. This includes self-directed maintenance on knowledge of current laws, events, industry trends and economic factors.
• Demonstrated proficiency in conducting root cause analysis
• Ability to benchmark, analyze and deliver measurable results to the business owner
• Ability to manage time and shifting priorities in a high volume, complex work environment
• The ideal candidate will be results-focused, accountable, motivated and highly organized
• Excellent communication skills with ability to write, develop and deliver successful presentations to all levels of an organization
• Roughly 50% of time spent with clients
• Coaching, mentoring and training experience is ideal
• Prior business development responsibility
• Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) or equivalent; advanced degree strongly desired.
• Extensive knowledge of MS Office and ability to easily adapt to new software and technology
- PROBLEM SOLVER
For Individuals with these requirements, this position offers at a minimum:
• Generous base salary, profit sharing, 401k with employer match, and benefits
• Knowledge that you are working for a results oriented organization
• Opportunity to impact the success and growth of client companies
• Gain experience working in multiple industries