Business Analyst (EZ CAP)- Bakersfield CA, Healthcare
This position is responsible for providing the analysis of healthcare information as it relates to an assigned operational discipline for functional departments within the organization. The Business Analyst I resource will provide integrated reporting, data analytics, process improvement, department metrics, and data integrity based on the collection, association, review, and the interpretation of data and operational processes. The incumbent will provide the skills necessary for report writing and presentation as well as performs general business analytics that contribute to and support the company’s dashboard reporting efforts. The Business Analyst I is responsible for developing better understanding of the actual needs of stakeholders, not simply their expressed desires, through a methodical analytic process and is capable of exposing data reporting requirements. The position plays a central role in aligning the needs of the assigned operational business unit with capabilities delivered by Information Technology and other departments and facilitate or govern fundamental analytical discussions between all groups.
- Must have basic understanding of the organizations data analytical tools.
- Able to effectively use presentation software such as Microsoft PowerPoint.
- Basic understanding in the use of the structured query language (SQL) in a large operational data store or warehouse.
- Demonstrated Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) skills with experience creating charts, pivot tables, formulas and calculations in Microsoft Excel.
- Acquired knowledge in working with, learning, and understanding business software and manual systems to bring efficient and effective changes for better performance and more accurate information.
- Perform fundamental analytics in support of business processes and projects that contribute to the achievement of the organization’s strategic goals
- Understanding of the influence data, created or used by a department, has on operations in all departments and the ability to document or investigate issues as to why a certain behavior or outcomes are exhibited through department’s data metrics.
- Ability to analyze and answer operational questions as to why a certain measured artifact exist in the data and brings meaningful context with a clear presentation to Director level management.
- Skilled in the use of analytical reasoning to understand the end user’s requirements and transform the requirements into operational application
- Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, and distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs.
- Ability to analyze and synthesize information provided by a large number of people who interact with the business, such as customers, staff, IT professionals, and executives.
- Ability to develop and complete analysis of a finite, measurable component, or process, within a business unit and the impact that any trends from the analysis has on the overall business.
- Using analytical reasoning to understand the end user’s requirements and transform the requirements into operational application.
- Work directly with the assigned department to complete Management requirements for the provision of roll-up and drill down metrics using data dashboard technologies.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, executives, managers, and subject matter experts.
- Facilitate meetings or communications as an interface between business units, technology teams, and other support resources.
- Deliver data products in a professional report format, presentation, or verbally, to management with adherence to specifications and timelines and thoughtful evaluation of the data.
- Work with functional team(s) to analyze “as-is” and “to-be” business processes.
- Participate in development of test plans, testing, training, deployment and support of new development or business system processes.
- Occasional travel (up to 10%) to sites or training facilities within the continental United States may be required, based on specific project assignment and business needs.
- Complete Culture and Linguistics Training annually
- Complete all in-service Annually
- Complete all Safety, HIPAA and QM training as required by HR
- Other duties as assigned
atmosphere to ensure a great customer experience from beginning to end.
EDUCATION, TRAINING, EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Business Management or related field and two (2) years’ experience in a business role or analytical capacity
- Education may be substituted with data analytics or relevant analytical work experience on a year for year basis and will be reviewed individually.
- Managed Care experience preferred (EZ CAP experience preferred)