(Bilingual) HR Generalist
The Human Resources (HR) Generalist position reports to the HR Manager. This position requires a highly motivated, engaged, committed HR professional that has an interest or background in an industrial agriculture environment. Under the direction of the Human Resources (HR) Manager, the HR Generalist is responsible for the day to day administration of HR policies and programs. The Generalist performs duties at the professional level in some or all of the following functional areas: employee relations, training, employee communications and engagement, recruitment and staffing, compliance and benefits administration. In this role, you will be asked to solve problems, develop and execute objectives for yourself. This position requires a bi-lingual individual who will work collaboratively with the CA Operations HR teams and our various locations, providing superior human resources support to our employees. This is a “hands-on” position that requires interaction and visibility with all levels of the organization. This position is located in Kings County (Visalia/Hanford), CA.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provide leadership for the day-to-day operations of a central HR office and two satellite remote locations that includes the administration of HR policies, procedures, and programs to ensure consistent application across all California Operations sites.
• This role provides Support HR team and client on human resource processes, including the following: workforce planning, policy and procedure review, department audits, organizational change/effectiveness, implementation of process improvement, including change initiatives, planning, and facilitation; staffing and process development
• Work closely and communicate effectively with all levels of management to ensure that departmental transactions are completed accurately and timely • Maintains current knowledge to accurately advise management and personnel to ensure compliance with all company policies/rules and federal, state, and local laws as they relate to human resources.
• Assist in developing and administering appropriate training opportunities that assist employees to further their personal, career, and organizational development. Including conducting orientation for all newly hired employees. Maintain records as needed.
• Participate in California Operations HR team projects and activities
• Perform other related duties as assigned
Education and/or Experience
- 3-5 years of experience in Human Resources.
- Prefer Bachelor’s Degree program with a recognized major. Performance of the duties and responsibilities of the job requires the equivalent of formal training in human resources, usually in the form of a major in Human Resources Management as part of a Bachelor’s Degree program.
• Knowledge of principles and practices of human resources
• Effective oral and written communication skills (both English and Spanish)
• Excellent interpersonal skills and computer literacy
• Proficient-Advanced in MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
• Ability to practice a high level of confidentiality
• Must be detail oriented, possess a strong work ethic, show ability to work independently while adhering to confidentiality protocol
• Ability to work under frequent time pressures and changing seasonal work schedules;
- An incredible culture of pride and innovation within a family business
- Competitive salary and benefits
- 401(k) profit sharing plan along with a defined benefit pension plan
- At least 2-4 years of experience in the Human Resources
- Knowledge of principles and practices of human resources
- Effective oral and written communication skills (both English and Spanish)
- Excellent interpersonal skills and computer literacy
- Working knowledge of safety, workers’ compensation and payroll
- Ability to practice a high level of confidentiality
- Must be detail oriented, possess a strong work ethic, show ability to work independently while adhering to confidentiality protocol
- Ability to work under frequent time pressures and changing seasonal work schedules; Ability to adapt easily to change
- Possess or have the ability to obtain a valid driver’s license; Must maintain driving privilege
- Ability to respond to occasional urgent situations 24/7
We Hope You Have (Preferred Qualifications):
- A degree in Human Resources Management, Business or related field
- An active affiliation with appropriate HR networks and organizations
- Ability to manage continuous improvement processes
- Industrial agriculture experience
Apply for the job