Accounting Supervisor – oil/gas
Responsible for the day-to-day supervision of a team of accountants and support staff.
$95-130,000/annual with short and long-term incentive
- Takes a leadership role in project management and coordination; implements value additions and quality in teams.
- Acts as an effective resource and transfers knowledge to colleagues and team members.
- Demonstrates technical leadership and mentoring responsibility for less experienced personnel or contractors on projects and team activities.
- Provides interpretations and recommendations to influence management decisions, policies, and procedures.
- Effectively conducts performance evaluations for employees within department.
- Develops and presents department plans.
- Interacts with other departments to carry out various responsibilities.
- Begins to represent company at external meetings or in industry organizations.
- Actively and consistently seeks ways to improve efficiency of work processes and policies.
- Analyzes differences between revenue estimates and actual revenue for company.
- Updates analytical reports that provide support for analysis.
- Leads monthly close process for revenue and volumes, and prepares or reviews all schedules for monthly financial review meetings with upper management.
- Performs review of payment and filing of severance tax for all states and taxing jurisdictions in which company operates and reconciliation of related accounts.
- Researches and pursues potential tax savings where applicable.
- Provides leadership on system projects to automate the payment and filing processes.
- Reviews monthly entry to accrue financial impact of company’s wellhead gas imbalances, ensures that company is adequately receiving makeup on imbalance receivables, and initiates cash settlements on inactive wells.
Education, Certificates, Licenses
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance.
- MBA preferred.
- CPA certification.
- 10+ years of previous experience in accounting.
- Big 4 public accounting experience preferred.
- Experience in oil and gas industry preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to effectively supervise a team or project.
- In-depth knowledge of own functional discipline(s) and departmental processes, with a working knowledge of practices and principles of other accounting departments and disciplines.
- Developing ability to bring greater resources to provide feedback on and resolve issues, including industry based and broader business based information.
- Working knowledge of broader business issues, including peer and best practice data, and the ability bring this knowledge to bear in decision-making.
- Ability to employ innovative techniques from multiple sources to build on standard workflows and processes.
- Comprehensive understanding of relevant information systems with ability to proactively seek change for efficiency; thorough understanding of how to utilize or enhance information systems.
- Broad understanding of internal control procedure/process development and development of appropriate evidentiary documentation in areas of responsibility.
- Adapts well to and helps promote change within the organization
- Ability to communicate information to a broader audience and across the organization both in writing and orally with clarity and precision.
- Able to influence and enforce practices and policies in department in areas of responsibility.
please send resume directly to email@example.comApply for the job