Financial Reporting Manager – Dallas location
FINANCIAL REPORTING MANAGER – oil/gas
Dallas location – $160-220,000 (includes annual bonus) + plus long term bonus (30%), excellent benefits and relocation. MUST HAVE STRONG SEC REPORTING experience.
Works independently to perform complex financial reporting assignments requiring in-depth knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and SEC Regulations. Performs special projects of a highly complex nature. Manages the implementation of accounting programs, resources, information systems, and projects, as well as provides resolutions to technical and process problems.
- Works independently to perform complex financial reporting assignments requiring in-depth knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and SEC Regulations. Performs special projects of a highly complex nature.
- Prepares accurate and timely financial schedules that support SEC filings and internal financial reports.
- Analyzes supporting documentation received from Accounting and other departments to determine accuracy and completeness.
- Leads the review and tie-out of Investor Relations presentations and other releases.
- Performs technical accounting research.
- Prepares XBRL financials, including detail tagging.
- Coordinates 401K benefit plan audit and prepares required filing document.
- Reviews contracts for embedded derivatives and other accounting and reporting considerations.
- Reviews certain assignments prepared by Staff Accountant.
- Interacts with external auditors.
- Performs and supports certain SOX controls and prepares documentation to ensure compliance.
- Takes a leadership role in communicating and distributing information throughout functional area.
- Ensures compliance within department through leadership.
Education, Certificates, Licenses
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- MBA preferred
- CPA certification required
- 15+ years of work experience in related field
- 2+ years of previous SEC reporting experience
- Big 4 public accounting experience preferred
- Oil and Gas Experience Preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Advanced writing skills for Accounting memorandum and SEC disclosure.
- Advanced understanding of SEC Regulations and reporting requirements including Regulations S-X and S-K.
- Advanced understanding of SEC Form requirements, including 10-K, 10-Q and 8-K.
- Advanced accounting research skills.
- Ability to work well on a team in a deadline-oriented environment.
- Ability to adapt well to changes in assignments and responsibilities.
- Demonstrated effective usage of information systems functionality in assigned areas and displays ability to make efficiency improvements.
- Broad, in-depth knowledge of internal control of appropriate evidentiary documentation in areas of responsibility.
- Effective problem solving skills and the ability to solve complex issues independently.
- Effectively communicates technical accounting topics and recommendations to other members of the Accounting department as well as other stakeholders.
- Communicates in writing and orally with clarity and precision across departments.
- Consistently demonstrates the initiative to identify and pursue improvement opportunities.
- Organized and detail-oriented.
- Demonstrates knowledge of broader business issues, including peer and best practice data, and the ability bring this knowledge to bear in decision-making
- Able to influence and enforce practices and policies in department in areas of responsibility
- Demonstrated significant communication skills in multiple settings to persuade key decision makers to take recommended actions in matters involving commitment of resources
- Able to build consensus across departments and among levels
- Primarily office work environment
- Routine work involves common office activities during a typical 9-hour day such as standing, sitting, walking, typing, and twisting as necessary
- May be required to occasionally lift up to 25 pounds
This job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties nor account for all abilities required to perform the job. It is a general description of the nature of the position.
please send resumes to Jackie Flesher – firstname.lastname@example.org